JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 15, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #31 of 3,122
Wow, so it sounds like your midrange drivers just got disconnected entirely? Can you describe the change in more detail?

Yet another sign of poor QC, although (fingers crossed) my pair are still going strong. I think these are keepers for now, but I'll get a chance to hear the Laylas soon.

May 16, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #34 of 3,122
Wow, so it sounds like your midrange drivers just got disconnected entirely? Can you describe the change in more detail?

Yet another sign of poor QC, although (fingers crossed) my pair are still going strong. I think these are keepers for now, but I'll get a chance to hear the Laylas soon.

Well, yesterday, I plugged them into the Hugo,first rieffing the volume down for protection.  Put on some music only to hear a great shift to the left in the sound.  I could hear the top end coming through and the lower bass, but the mids are just gone.  And after only about two weeks of posession.
I emailed and then called the dealer.  There may be a problem in that it sounds like I'll have to contact the reputed service dept., of JHA.  Guess I'm lucky that I haven't had anything go wrong with a purchase before, but (and here comes the pathetic self-pitying whine)  Why these guys?  I'm completely sold on Angies, but, having read from a few threads about all the service trouble and QC with JHA, I just wish someone else had made these.
My fault; shoulda been more cautious.  Oh, the sound sig is a somewhat extreme U-shape.

May 16, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #38 of 3,122
UELong, I feel for you and hope mine don't get any issues either. Working great for me currently.

Curious, did you knock them at all or drop them maybe? Or did it just happen without incident?

May 16, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #39 of 3,122
They should be pretty quick. I had some issues with a pair of jh7 customs and I had them back within 3 weeks of sending them. And that was too and from Australia.

I know the jh7 aren't popular but they turned them around quick in the midst of the Roxanne craziness.

May 16, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #40 of 3,122
They should be pretty quick. I had some issues with a pair of jh7 customs and I had them back within 3 weeks of sending them. And that was too and from Australia.

I know the jh7 aren't popular but they turned them around quick in the midst of the Roxanne craziness.

@UELong, I feel for you and hope mine don't get any issues either. Working great for me currently.

Curious, did you knock them at all or drop them maybe? Or did it just happen without incident?

I was actually quite careful not to drop them or plug them in before turning anything on.  My UHA-6 makes a pop when turning on and off.  Only once plugged into my X5 and had that power-off megapop.
And thanks Wid4.  Maybe I was ancious 'cause it happened on a Friday, and one wants to get the ball rolling sooner than possible.

May 16, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #41 of 3,122
I understand. It must be a friday thing.
My jh7 started rattling and buzzing on one side (cant remember now) and that was on the tram on the way home. (15minute tram then 2 hour train home)
By the time i got home i was furious lol.

I am auditioning the angies hopefully this coming week.
Then if they live up to expectations i will be attempting to sell my ref1....

MAYBE hshaha.

May 17, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #42 of 3,122
Anyone owned Fitear Tg334 here before? because I really like Tg334 sound signature,after tried Angie I was blown away by the detail sounds and the imaging from it...but I can't have both...really confused by these situation...

May 19, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #44 of 3,122
I googled jh audio and found no references to Angie or Layla for that matter.  Or how to contact them in case of a problem.  I forgot that we were celebrating some dead colonial ruler's day making an even longer wait for contact. 
If I don't hear anything from my dealer by 9:00 EDT, I'll go from there.  A wee might irritating, neh?
I heard from my dealer.  I'm supposed to get in touch with A&K.  I've read about their customer support.  Hope they're wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back