JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 24, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #2,401 of 3,122
Are you guys sleeping on your iems or something?  I walk with mine and never have issues with the collars unscrewing (either the stocks or the Black Dragons).  

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #2,402 of 3,122
My v1 Angies don't ever unscrew. They just cut out on occasion when there's a lot of movement of the cable / earpiece. Certain movements like turning my head in a certain way that tugs slightly on the cable. To be sure, when i push on the top earpierce wire frame (like i'm crimping the ear frame down around my ear tighter), it will cut out intermittently (or rather it gets much quieter / like certain frequencies are going out). When i stop, it goes back to normal.

Have tried unplugging and carefully reseating / replugging, and it does help somewhat, but the cutting out eventually comes back. In my use cases, it happens rarely, so doesn't bother me much.

Jul 25, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #2,404 of 3,122
The collar loosens of it's own accord (only the right hand side for me). I check it occasionally and tighten again. Not a major issue but really shouldn't happen on a £1000+ IEM. I do think the JH connectors are superior to the two pin version for durability. I use my IEM primarily while traveling and sometimes around the house (doing the dishes etc..). Some improvements to the cable I can think of: integrate the bass pots into the Y split - can be cumbersome when removing/inserting into pockets and has snagged on plane seats before. Use the smallest 90dg plug possible - the blk dragons plug is pretty big. Combined weight of bass pots and plug is surprising.

Jul 25, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #2,405 of 3,122
I am fortunate that only my single-ended cable cuts out on me. I rarely use it. The balanced cable, which I use most, has no faults.

Jul 25, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #2,406 of 3,122
  Are you guys sleeping on your iems or something?  I walk with mine and never have issues with the collars unscrewing (either the stocks or the Black Dragons).  

I know, you'd think we were using them as "click-clacks"...
tongue.gif

...but the only thing I do with my Angie IIs (Moon Audio cables) that could cause tension on that axis is to wind them up as I put them back in the Al box...
confused.gif

To be 100% correct, one side is always getting loose, the other side very rarely. I assume machine tolerances may play a part here.

Jul 27, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #2,407 of 3,122
I ordered one of the last Angie I from A&K and it came with new black dragon cable from Angie II:)

Jul 27, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #2,409 of 3,122
I ordered one of the last Angie I from A&K and it came with new black dragon cable from Angie II:)

The new cable on Angie II is a moon audio cable but it's not the black dragon.
It's very similar in aspect, new alum connectors, the new bass control block with the recessed screws, but filaments are different

My 2 cents

Jul 27, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #2,410 of 3,122
I meant moon audio. I don't know why I wrote black dragon. It's good cable, Angies are fantastic with my little Mojo.

My 2 cents

Jul 27, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #2,411 of 3,122
The new cable on Angie II is a moon audio cable but it's not the black dragon. It's very similar in aspect, new alum connectors, the new bass control block with the recessed screws, but filaments are different...

Correct you are, sir! And I quote:

"​The JH Audio stock cable is made of silver plated tinsel wire. This is not to be confused with the silver plated copper design in the Black Dragon IEM headphone cable V2."
beerchug.gif

27000967480_af87fea954_c.jpg

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #2,412 of 3,122
Just ordered my custom Angie's from Moon Audio. Wife talked me into spending more on Titanium plates. Can't wait to get them!

She also talked me into ordering some Silver Dragon v2's for them when they come in!

I think she was just sweetening me up for a new laptop purchase she just made tho... It was a win:win. :p

Jul 28, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #2,413 of 3,122
  Just ordered my custom Angie's from Moon Audio. Wife talked me into spending more on Titanium plates. Can't wait to get them!

She also talked me into ordering some Silver Dragon v2's for them when they come in!

I think she was just sweetening me up for a new laptop purchase she just made tho... It was a win:win. :p

That's unusual, hope there's no other hidden agenda :p

My girlfriend can't even tell the difference between um50pro and Angie...

Jul 28, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #2,414 of 3,122
  That's unusual, hope there's no other hidden agenda :p

My girlfriend can't even tell the difference between um50pro and Angie...

No hidden agenda. She owns the W30's and Linum Music cables and has threatened with physical harm if I take them from her so I'm not going to mess with that. She does hear a difference between all my headphones. I've let her listen to my UIEM Angie's but she couldn't get a comfortable fit so she hasn't really considered them. 

Like I say, she got a new gaming laptop so I think the whole cable and titanium plates upgrade was to sweeten me up. That said she supports my hobbies to some extend and I support hers. Just because I don't appreciate other hobbies and interests doesn't mean I should look down on it. 

It's easy to point the finger at another hobby someone has and say, that's weird, you're weird for liking it and you should be made fun of... Na, I try my best to at least consider how it could be of interest even if it doesn't peak mine. 

Jul 28, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #2,415 of 3,122
My wife loves scrapbooking and I love photography. It isn't mutual, but we support each other's hobbies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back