JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 20, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #2,371 of 3,122
Here are the measurements.
The bass control works very well.

Impedance is also very linear, so you can tweak the sound if you want with more impedance of amps' side.

I am a little confused by the impedance graph - my untrained eyes don't see it being "very linear" but perhaps the OP is referring to the LF range only?
But on to my main question; the "pot" JHA / Moonaudio installs in their cables to give a LF attenuation of 10dB (for the Angie) ; how does it affect the IEM's overall impedance?

Specs for many of the Sirens incl. the Angies (II) for example show 17 ohms. Is this with the pot fully open (no attenuation), or is there absolutely no difference? I ask because Etymotic sells a BA IEM (ER-4PT, 27 ohms) that has a "boosted" LF range which can be attenuated by adding a plug with a resistor in it (equivalent to ER-4S, 100 ohms).

Thanks in advance for your feedback
beerchug.gif

Jul 21, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #2,372 of 3,122
  I am a little confused by the impedance graph - my untrained eyes don't see it being "very linear" but perhaps the OP is referring to the LF range only?
But on to my main question; the "pot" JHA / Moonaudio installs in their cables to give a LF attenuation of 10dB (for the Angie) ; how does it affect the IEM's overall impedance?

Specs for many of the Sirens incl. the Angies (II) for example show 17 ohms. Is this with the pot fully open (no attenuation), or is there absolutely no difference? I ask because Etymotic sells a BA IEM (ER-4PT, 27 ohms) that has a "boosted" LF range which can be attenuated by adding a plug with a resistor in it (equivalent to ER-4S, 100 ohms).

Thanks in advance for your feedback
beerchug.gif

Do you know what is linear function?
Secondary school level.

Jul 21, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #2,373 of 3,122
Originally Posted by kzii /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you know what is linear function?
Secondary school level.

OMG - you actually registered with Head Fi... just to insult me?
LOL...

Well fine, welcome to Head Fi
beerchug.gif

Jul 21, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #2,374 of 3,122
  OMG - you actually registered with Head Fi... just to insult me?
LOL...

Well fine, welcome to Head Fi
beerchug.gif

Yeah:p I apologise but I was not able to whitstand that.
I think that everyone must know basic mathematic skills.

Jul 21, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #2,375 of 3,122
Yeah:p I apologise but I was not able to whitstand that. I think that everyone must know basic mathematic skills.

I think it's probably a poor choice of "terms" on my part - what I was thinking is that the graph is not "flat"... is that any better? Smooth?
Oh well. As long as you feel better now, that's what's most important here
wink.gif

Jul 21, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #2,376 of 3,122
Returning to my question, if it pleases the court;  how does the "pot" JHA / Moonaudio installs in their cables to give a LF attenuation of 10dB (for the Angie) affect the IEM's published impedance?

Jul 22, 2016 at 5:50 AM Post #2,377 of 3,122
the cable on the original angies seem to crap out every 4-5 months for me

using the balanced cable with a 3.5mm adapter for now

going to rma the cable, are there new stock cables made for the angies now? I'm just a little worried that my angies itself are the issue.

just wondering before I drop more than $100 for a cable.

Jul 22, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #2,378 of 3,122

going to rma the cable, are there new stock cables made for the angies now? I'm just a little worried that my angies itself are the issue.

Moon Audio currently produces the updated cables included in the FMJ line. They're supposedly an improvement over stock and seeing how its built by Moon Audio, you should expect better quality than the older cable. As for your IEM, maybe check the cable connections on them.

Jul 22, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #2,379 of 3,122

I think this is/was a fairly common problem, but same with me, I got Angie v1s about 4 months ago, and every time I touch the curved ear pieces, the sound cuts in/out. Sometimes when I turn my head (or move it up and down), I get some cut outs too... I also thought at first it may be an issue with the drivers themselves, but I do think it's the cable... It's a bit annoying, but I can live with it.

Jul 22, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #2,380 of 3,122
Unscrew the connectors and then re-attach them, making sure that they are seated correctly and carefully tightened.  This has been discussed here before.  My Angies had the same issue until I re-set the connectors and since then had no recurrences or cut-outs.  I eventually got a Moon Black Dragon, but not because of any connector issues with the stock cables.  The Moons (at least the customs, I haven't used the new Moon/Angie stock cables) have very good connectors.  

Jul 22, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #2,381 of 3,122
The connectors where such a bust for JH......I sold my angies because I got so sick of the cables and I mean multiple cables cutting out...I wish they just stuck with the pin connector....I won't buy another JH product until the connector is changed

Jul 22, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #2,382 of 3,122

I think this is/was a fairly common problem, but same with me, I got Angie v1s about 4 months ago, and every time I touch the curved ear pieces, the sound cuts in/out. Sometimes when I turn my head (or move it up and down), I get some cut outs too... I also thought at first it may be an issue with the drivers themselves, but I do think it's the cable... It's a bit annoying, but I can live with it.

for that kind of money, you are a better person than I am :)

Jul 22, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #2,383 of 3,122
Again, Moon connectors (definitely customs, and I would assume stock as well) function very well.  So if you buy a v. 2 Angie, odds are there will be no connector issues.  No one here is posting about v. 2 connector issues, so I assume (dangerous, I know) that that particular issue has been resolved.  

Jul 22, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #2,384 of 3,122
  The connectors where such a bust for JH......I sold my angies because I got so sick of the cables and I mean multiple cables cutting out...I wish they just stuck with the pin connector....I won't buy another JH product until the connector is changed

The pins were absolutely atrocious. I had multiple headphone wires DOA due to the pins snapping. Not to mention they might snap in the IEM meaning I had to dig them out. The new connectors are leaps and bounds better.

Jul 22, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #2,385 of 3,122
I have the Black Dragon cable from Moon but just got custom Roxannes and can attest that the new Moon stock cables are equally as nice. Miles better than the old crappy cable's JHA were using before. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back