JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 24, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #1,981 of 3,122
Hearing yourself clearly has as much to do with the stage mix as anything.

All of these are top-shelf IEMs and will sound great. You are going Custom, right? I say, spend as much as you're comfortable with.

Mar 24, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #1,982 of 3,122
Yes, but I will be doing my own sound for small things, and will be adding effects into the mix as well, which will also go into my ear monitor, so I want it to be a more neutral sound I would think, so that I know how much effects I want to add, to then go into the PA for everyone to hear.  The more neutral IEM's from what I've read would be either the Angie or JH13v2.  The prices are all similar and within my price range, so price doesn't really matter.  I just want to get the very best that I can since it is expensive and I do plan on them lasting a while. 

Mar 24, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #1,983 of 3,122
Personally, I would go for either the JH13 or Roxy, just because those were tuned specifically for stage use.

On the other hand, I own Angie, and I imagine she'd do very well in that role.

Mar 24, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #1,985 of 3,122
So I see a lot of ppl buying these new Universals , as compare to a Custom.  So what is the reason? I thought Custom is always better than Universal?

A lot of folk don't want all the hassle of Custom. With Universal you don't need to see an audiologist, you don't need to ship your molds anywhere, you don't need to wait months for your IEMs, only to find they don't fit properly and do it all over again. Oh, and it's cheaper.

I'm currently waiting on my first CIEMs. It's... unpleasant.

Mar 24, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #1,986 of 3,122
A lot of folk don't want all the hassle of Custom. With Universal you don't need to see an audiologist, you don't need to ship your molds anywhere, you don't need to wait months for your IEMs, only to find they don't fit properly and do it all over again. Oh, and it's cheaper.

I'm currently waiting on my first CIEMs. It's... unpleasant.

Yea i know the hassle of getting a Custom.  But once you get a Custom, isn't it worth the time and effort? LIke Custom will sound better and Seal better, and feel more comfortable, besides the time and the price.

Mar 24, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #1,987 of 3,122
Probably. I'll let you know when I get mine.
:basshead:

Mar 24, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #1,988 of 3,122
Did anyone experience when you go to an Audiologist and before they do the Impression, they checked your Ears for wax, and then they told you have you too much Ear wax and need to go to a Clinic and clean them.
Before they can do the Impression? anyone has this issue?

Mar 24, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #1,989 of 3,122
Did anyone experience when you go to an Audiologist and before they do the Impression, they checked your Ears for wax, and then they told you have you too much Ear wax and need to go to a Clinic and clean them.

When I went she told me I had remarkably clean ears. This did not surprise me, as I've become quite diligent in this regard since getting into the IEM game.

Mar 24, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #1,991 of 3,122

LOL!

About 15 years ago I went for a regular check-up and the doctor looked in my ears and said "whoah" out loud. He came back with a metal hook and went in to my ears and pulled out a gross crayon worth of wax from each side. Ever since I've cleaned my ears religiously.

Mar 24, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #1,992 of 3,122
But do you clean your Ears often? 

lol. How else would you manage it?

During every shower, I'll use a washcloth to clean out as much as possible. Directly after, I'll use a cuetip to get the rest. Just be careful not to push anything deeper. If you do it daily, or semi-daily, it isn't hard to keep them well-off.

Your ears, as they probably are now, will need a solution treatment. A few applications of that, and you'll be good as new. Then just do the things I mentioned above, and you'll never need the treatment again.

Mar 24, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #1,994 of 3,122
  I just went to the Audiologist for the first time in my life and oh my word, getting impressions hurt so bad lol.  Very painful and made me dizzy and sick, and she didn't even use a bite block, so I hope they turn out ok :/ 

Why did it hurt ? I never heard anyone that hurt for getting their Impression? How is that possible? did she even check your Ears for Wax before she do it?

Mar 24, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #1,995 of 3,122
lol. How else would you manage it?

During every shower, I'll use a washcloth to clean out as much as possible. Directly after, I'll use a cuetip to get the rest. Just be careful not to push anything deeper. If you do it daily, or semi-daily, it isn't hard to keep them well-off.

Your ears, as they probably are now, will need a solution treatment. A few applications of that, and you'll be good as new. Then just do the things I mentioned above, and you'll never need the treatment again.

What solution treatment are u talking about? Like what kind of solution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back