JetAudio Plus finally released
Oct 4, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #16 of 31
Quote:
OK, I just put it on my touch to see what the deal was with BEE and Mach3Bass. Not for me but I like the player with all the effects turned off, LOL

I'm not really fond of the BBE....sounds a bit unnatural to me. But a little Mach3Bass is nice.
basshead.gif

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #18 of 31
Quote:
umm well as far as i know( and i have an s3 myself) the s3 international does use the wolfson dac like the cowon players but its limited due to the software so it crackles and hisses with the stock kernel and limits the volume. but it is android so your not limited to stock, theres the long awaited voodoo sound app that will fully utilise the wolfson whenever its relseased and for now theres the siyah kernel which i heard is like voodoo (not sure which to install yet i think ill wait for voodoo).but poweramp does sound really good regardless, good eq, pre amp for vol boost, tagging gapless etc.

edit: usb audio also works eg fiio e7 if you want to use a USB DAC AMP that doesnt impact battery to enhance your sound

Thx for the reply :). U mentioned that the DAC of the S3 is limited to the software. Does that mean using a 3rd party music player removes the weakest link (the software) in the S3? Or does firmware play a part as well? (Sry Im new to this) I would rather not flash custom firmware into my S3. Kinda like the convience of OTA updates. o.O

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #19 of 31
i bought this because it is cheaper than a poweramp, doesn't alter the dap's sq like poweramp (for me), and it has that nasty 20-band eq which i like lol

i own a paid version of poweramp as well

Oct 10, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #20 of 31
Ok so can I get a confirmation on this? Installing JetAudio on a S3 will make it play as well as a Cowon Z2 since they will both be running on android, have comparable DAC chips and have JetAudio as the music player. Please shed some light on this matter someone, anyone!

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #21 of 31
Quote:
Ok so can I get a confirmation on this? Installing JetAudio on a S3 will make it play as well as a Cowon Z2 since they will both be running on android, have comparable DAC chips and have JetAudio as the music player. Please shed some light on this matter someone, anyone!

Last I knew, the JetAudio Plus app didn't have the BBE enhancements active....a licensing issue, I believe. If that is still true, then the answer would be no, it would not make your S3 sound like a Z2. 

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:10 AM Post #22 of 31

No, I'm sure there's hidden little pieces of the puzzle when installing such apps, If were the case no-one would bother buying Cowon players anymore. They'd all install the app on their galaxy's instead. Nice try though. :wink:

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #23 of 31
Quote:
No, I'm sure there's hidden little pieces of the puzzle when installing such apps, If were the case no-one would bother buying Cowon players anymore. They'd all install the app on there galaxy's instead. Nice try though.
wink.gif

Well, the Sonicmax Pro app on iOS can duplicate just about exactly....because it does have the BBE and Mach3Bass (along with being more user-friendly than Cowon's UI). With that I could make my former 4th-gen Touch sound just like my former Cowon i9 (and better than the OG D2).  

I do have the JetAudio Plus app on my Samsung Galaxy 5.0, with the BBE that is active. (Got it before it was pulled from the market) I haven't used it in a while, so I don't remember how well it approximates the Cowon sound...usability wise I have a couple other music apps I like better. I'll have to try it out again one of these days, and see how it works.

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #24 of 31
I haven't heard these apps, only Equalizer. nore do I own a Samsung Galaxy and my touch is 2G. My phone is a Nokia N95, if there's any apps for that around let me know. :wink: I'd be interested in what these apps can achieve though something tells me there's a little more to it than just installing apps. What that is without hearing them I cannot say.

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:51 AM Post #25 of 31
Quote:
I haven't heard these apps, only Equalizer. nore do I own a Samsung Galaxy and my touch is 2G. My phone is a Nokia N95, if there's any apps for that around let me know.
wink.gif
I'd be interested in what these apps can achieve though something tells me there's a little more to it than just installing apps. What that is without hearing them I cannot say.

If I remember rightly, you can't even use Equalizer to its full potential with the 2G Touch. Too bad, because on the 4G Touch it was fantastic....every bit as tweakable as a Rockbox EQ only with seven bands to play with instead of five in Rockbox. 

Re: Sonicmax Pro....http://www.bbesonicmax.com/

Oct 10, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #26 of 31
If I remember rightly, you can't even use Equalizer to its full potential with the 2G Touch. Too bad, because on the 4G Touch it was fantastic....every bit as tweakable as a Rockbox EQ only with seven bands to play with instead of five in Rockbox. 

Re: Sonicmax Pro....http://www.bbesonicmax.com/

Correct, Equalizer isn't even supported below 3G now I think, nore the others. My 2G didn't receive the last Equalizer update. If I was to restore my ipod I couldn't get it back without jailbreaking, even then it would be buggy to run. 2G just doesn't have the power.. Apple really turns me off not supporting SD cards, that's how I ended up going for Cowon actually. I was very close to buying a 32GB 4G before the Cowon players, I've read alllll about them and apps. :wink:. Need more storage and they won't introduce it. But! you do love you some Mach3bass as I was reading above. That's a good start, one day we may just convert you to true audiophile sound. :wink:

It seems everything involved around our hobby does one thing and not another. I mean....Everything.

Oct 10, 2012 at 7:02 AM Post #27 of 31
Quote:
Correct, Equalizer isn't even supported below 3G now I think, nore the others. My 2G didn't receive the last Equalizer update. If I was to restore my ipod I couldn't get it back without jailbreaking, even then it would be buggy to run. 2G just doesn't have the power.. Apple really turns me off not supporting SD cards, that's how I ended up going for Cowon actually. I was very close to buying a 32GB 4G before the Cowon players, I've read alllll about them and apps.
wink.gif
. Need more storage and they won't introduce it. But! you do love you some Mach3bass as I was reading above. That's a good start, one day we may convert you to true audiophile sound.
wink.gif

It seems everything involved around our hobby does one thing and not another. I mean....Everything.

So true!

Nov 1, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #29 of 31
How does this app compare to the poweramp in terms of sq?

I'm trying out some of the android players and I've narrowed it down to jetaudio and poweramp since they are 2 of the few player that support alac. It difficult to hear any difference between The 2. So I guess it's down to the interface which I'm leaning towards jet.

But the thing that bugs me is u can't seem to see the track details like bitrate and codec in jet. Am I not looking hard enough? Is it a plus version only thing?

Any input would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back