JetAudio Plus finally released
Jun 8, 2012 at 5:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Artmuzz

500+ Head-Fier
I see that the paid version of JetAudio - jetAudio Plus has finally been released. However, it looks like they have ditched the BBE function :frowning2: 

Jun 8, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #2 of 31
Totally stupid of Cowon to not give people a heads-up when it comes to removing the BBE function. That means it's just like any other EQ app for Android now. I'm not buying it for my Tad 7.0 Plus - I'll pass,...bummer!!! 
angry_face.gif

Jun 9, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #3 of 31
Quote:
Totally stupid of Cowon to not give people a heads-up when it comes to removing the BBE function. That means it's just like any other EQ app for Android now. I'm not buying it for my Tad 7.0 Plus - I'll pass,...bummer!!! 
angry_face.gif

Just get the Sonicmax Pro for the Touch. It will give you all the BBE and Mach3Bass you could want, and it's easier to tinker with the settings than on an actual Cowon player.

Jun 9, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #4 of 31
Just get the Sonicmax Pro for the Touch. It will give you all the BBE and Mach3Bass you could want, and it's easier to tinker with the settings than on an actual Cowon player.

I'll try it out, once I get me touch! :p

Jun 9, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #5 of 31
It looks like the reason for ditching BBE is due to a legal issue between Cowon and BBE Sound Inc. I wonder if Cowon know about Sonicmax Pro then.

Jun 9, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #6 of 31
I wonder if it will effect the Cowon players,...as that's a major reason people buy them.

Jun 9, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #7 of 31
Quote:
I wonder if it will effect the Cowon players,...as that's a major reason people buy them.

Sure is.....nobody buys them for the UI. 
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 30, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #8 of 31
noob question here. Seeing as the Galaxy S3 uses a wolfson Dac which comparable to the one a Cowon use, i think? If I were to purchase this app for an S3 will it sound as good or perhaps better than say, a Cowon Z2?

Sep 30, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #11 of 31
Quote:
For andriod, I use power amp and its pretty good. Also update to jelly bean as I notice that the hiss from s3 with my fitear 334 got lesser.

I was thinking of using PowerAmp too. The thing is, my iPod died recently and I was deciding between another iDevice and a Cowon Z2. The only thing that was holding me back from purchasing a Z2 was because I'm so attached to the iTunes software to organize my stuff and the ease of syncing smart playlists. That's until I discovered the miracle that is iSyncr.

Then I read that u could download JetAudio for android and reading that JetAudio is a huge reason why ppl buy Cowon DAPs I begin to wonder if its worth paying so much if the app can basically make an S3 sound jus as good. So a combination of iSyncr and the JetAudio/PowerAmp apparently solves all my problems with minimal cost.

Can anyone comment on how that would work out? I would preferably want a stand-alone DAP but if this setup works fine I just might hold back on buying anything so soon.

Oh and anyone knows if iSync works with the Cowon Z2 and if using something like PowerAmp on the Z2 defeats the purpose of getting a Cowon. Sry for the many questions
biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #14 of 31
umm well as far as i know( and i have an s3 myself) the s3 international does use the wolfson dac like the cowon players but its limited due to the software so it crackles and hisses with the stock kernel and limits the volume. but it is android so your not limited to stock, theres the long awaited voodoo sound app that will fully utilise the wolfson whenever its relseased and for now theres the siyah kernel which i heard is like voodoo (not sure which to install yet i think ill wait for voodoo).but poweramp does sound really good regardless, good eq, pre amp for vol boost, tagging gapless etc.

edit: usb audio also works eg fiio e7 if you want to use a USB DAC AMP that doesnt impact battery to enhance your sound

Oct 3, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #15 of 31
Quote:

OK, I just put it on my touch to see what the deal was with BEE and Mach3Bass. Not for me but I like the player with all the effects turned off, LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back