Jerry Seinfeld to shill for Vista
Aug 22, 2008 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 123

DrBenway

Headphoneus Supremus
Is it my imagination, or is this the world's unfunniest major comedian plugging the world's worst major OS?

Edit: Whaaaaad is that abouuuuuuut?

Seinfeld shills for microsoft

Aug 22, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #3 of 123
Leave it to Microsoft to go back ten years to find something "hip."

I'm no fan of the company, but they need to work on delivering a solid product. If they had that, a "Maytag repairman" style campaign would work wonders poking fun at Apple's slickness.

Aug 22, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #6 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait, who doesn't still find Jerry funny?

Me.

Aug 22, 2008 at 9:15 PM Post #7 of 123
Does he still plug for AmericanExpress and Porsche, or will MS consider that moonlighting?

Aug 22, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #8 of 123
I would have done work on the campaign for 1/10 of what he ask.
...and I am a Mac fanboy.
wink.gif

Aug 22, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #9 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would have done work on the campaign for 1/10 of what he ask.
...and I am a Mac fanboy.
wink.gif

Yeah, but I bet you are less of a stereotype. (Oh! I am in so much trouble now...)

Aug 22, 2008 at 9:37 PM Post #11 of 123
They should have hired the "PC guy" from the Apple ads. John Hodgens is it? He's great on the Daily Show. A lot more endearing. The Mac guy is not interesting at all.

Just a series of takes on how much better he's doing to pull the sting on what Apple portrayed.
smily_headphones1.gif
They should also out that monkey boy Balmer. He seems to has as much vision as a.. erm. monkey.

Aug 22, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #12 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvessel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They should have hired the "PC guy" from the Apple ads. John Hodgens is it? He's great on the Daily Show. A lot more endearing. The Mac guy is not interesting at all.

Just a series of takes on how much better he's doing to pull the sting on what Apple portrayed.
smily_headphones1.gif
They should also out that monkey boy Balmer. He seems to has as much vision as a.. erm. monkey.

Great thought. Represent PC guy as suddenly not needing to apologize...but they wouldn't really consider anything that risky, would they? Better to hire a celeb who's about to hit his "sell by" date. Just like Microsoft itself.

Aug 22, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #13 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvessel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But boy can he dance!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 22, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #14 of 123
re: DrBenway

Very true. MS seems to like throwing money at their problems. They are well past their prime and too big for their own good. They have tons of money though so something will eventually stick. The question is will it be too late when they do get it right.
tongue.gif

re: But boy can he dance!

YouTube - Microsoft's CEO, Funny, yet terrif Haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back