Jerry Harvey, The Rise of the In-Ear Monitor | Talks at Google
Apr 29, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #17 of 24
Had a chance to meet Jerry at CamJam last year, and I can echo what many have said here: Great guy, very humble and unassuming, extremely passionate about what he does, and amazingly open to share his knowledge.  

May 4, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #19 of 24
JH audio stuff never disappointed me, one knows when a company have a personal touch and care for their customers. Nice interview, big thumbs up! 

May 8, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #20 of 24
I must pick you up on him being the "inventor" of the in ear monitor as that is not true!

Mead Killion is owed that credit with his Etymotic ER4 which came out a full four years before Ultimate ears. From the get go it was used by professionals both on stage and in the studio as well as enthusiastic audiophiles!

Admittedly UE did bring out the first custom model though.

May 8, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #21 of 24
I must pick you up on him being the "inventor" of the in ear monitor as that is not true!

Mead Killion is owed that credit with his Etymotic ER4 which came out a full four years before Ultimate ears. From the get go it was used by professionals both on stage and in the studio as well as enthusiastic audiophiles!

Which explain the use of "modern" before "in-ear monitor".

May 8, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #22 of 24
Hmm, I would have said 1991 is as equally as modern as 1995!

May 10, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #23 of 24

Yes, but who started the first multi-BA monitor with crossovers?  Is it Jerry or somebody else?

May 10, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #24 of 24
Probably UE but the comment was In Ear Monitor not its variations so I stand by my correction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back