Jecklin Float Model 1 arrived today!
May 1, 2004 at 12:35 AM Post #31 of 41
Glad you found happiness, using just the right amp. Enjoy.
blinkJF.gif

May 1, 2004 at 1:35 AM Post #32 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snake
Glad you found happiness, using just the right amp. Enjoy.
blinkJF.gif

Ditto--it may have taken a bit of work, but as you've found these phones are well worth the effort.

Quote:

Nevermind the looks, the music is what counts!

Amen.

May 1, 2004 at 2:11 AM Post #33 of 41
I had the Model 2 for a while. Couldn't handle the rolled off highs, but they did have a pleasant naturalness and a great soundstage. Also they were the most comfortable phones I've ever used. One problem though: you absolutely can't wear glasses with them. That alone would have doomed them with me.
cool.gif

May 1, 2004 at 2:14 AM Post #34 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by pp312
One problem though: you absolutely can't wear glasses with them. That alone would have doomed them with me.
cool.gif

Really? I've never had a problem.

May 1, 2004 at 2:23 AM Post #35 of 41
LOL, man for 99 pounds, I want a pair. Actually, I'll get 2 so I can wrestle and listening to music at the same time w/ my friends, or boxing. Yeah, they should include a pair of these when you buy tai-bo video.

May 1, 2004 at 2:38 AM Post #36 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoner
Yeah, they should include a pair of these when you buy tai-bo video.

They would, except they stopped making them 20 years ago. . . .

May 1, 2004 at 2:54 AM Post #37 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by pp312
One problem though: you absolutely can't wear glasses with them. That alone would have doomed them with me.
cool.gif

Yeah, I wear glasses with mine. In fact, I think glasses help spread the phones open even more, giving you more treble response (a good thing, in this case). But the glasses need to be thick or you might crush them under the weight of the Float.
tongue.gif

(hmmm . . . “under the weight of the Float.” I like that. Someone ought to change my custom title
tongue.gif
)

I have a question to current or former JF users:

The manual states that the phones should not actually touch your ears. I don't see how that's possible given the design of the phone. Even with my glasses holding them open a bit, they still touch (although only slightly).

blinkJF.gif

May 1, 2004 at 9:12 AM Post #38 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by arnett
I have a question to current or former JF users:

The manual states that the phones should not actually touch your ears. I don't see how that's possible given the design of the phone. Even with my glasses holding them open a bit, they still touch (although only slightly).

blinkJF.gif

I don't see how that's possible, since the back pad, the one that rests against the back of your ear, is used to hold the phones in place. Without that pad, the phones would spin every time you moved your head.

If you mean the drivers, they may occasionally touch your ear. I've never experienced any problems when this hapens.

May 1, 2004 at 1:52 PM Post #39 of 41
Several people have contacted me regarding the e-mail of the Australian shop (Tivoli Hi-fi) where I procured my Floats. Their site now seems to be under construction and my links no longer work. I have found their e-mail address after an on-line search:

info@tivolihifi.com.au

Their site doesn't have a cart-based system so you have to order via e-mail anyway.

blinkJF.gif

May 1, 2004 at 10:58 PM Post #40 of 41
The Model one was a Hi-Fi-Choice best buy at issue 55 (late 80's) at 79pounds.The comments were that "it gives remarkable sound quality and openness at a reasonable price"
wink.gif

Apr 22, 2006 at 3:44 PM Post #41 of 41
Since there is a bit confusion about the Jecklin Float Headphone models, please
notice my little photobox about the three electrostatic models exist... at
http://www.w-e-s-t-e-r-w-e-l-l-e.de/jecklin-float.htm

At last there where 3 electrostatic models... the first in shinny acryl, the next one was the PS1, with silver/black transformer and the last one (PS2), comes with heavy black tranformers.

I have all models up and running fine... and do all sorts of privat repairs also...

Greetings, Uwe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back