Jecklin Float Electrostatic headphones.
Jan 8, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #17 of 23
Sorry I live in ny we got hit bad and it's going to get very cold and feeeze it up.
The headphone works with any amp that can handle a 3 ohm load. His Amps are nice but I feel we can do better on our own. Other than sennhisser in the Orpheus line both old and new. No even made a pair that other Amps could not better. But please get the flagship
What Amps do you own ? A nice woo wa xxxx is great tubes rock with many headphones
I'll
Do something to help you. The man has a true oit of this world headphone like no other except he Akg or float but sound wise it's above all
Of them.

Jan 8, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #18 of 23
Hey thanks very much....I live in NJ and know what you are going through with the snow and cold.

I only have a Feliks Audio Elise tube amp at the moment.  I am novice when it comes to electronics so not sure if the Elise is powerful enough.  It is an excellent amp though.

Jan 8, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #19 of 23
One last thought. The imp of this headphone is very low as in 3 ohms. This means the amp must and I mean must have a very low output imp 2 or lower is a must even at 3 is acceptable
But below it is better. Why is simple it will seriously mess with the sound balance and let no one ever tell you it's ********. While some sound ok woth a miss match of imp does not nagate a fact in general. Like he hd800 need a high imp
Output. One of my Amps has a low and high output imp. Clearly the improvemt is there when set to high.

Jan 8, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #20 of 23
Send me a link and what phones do you have now ?
Yea snow is wet and heaven and freezing below I have a few places to clean lol.

Jan 8, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #21 of 23
http://feliksaudio.pl/en/products.php

For headphones, I currently have the Sony Z1R, Senn HD598, and Sony MDR V6....but have had Stax before (SR-5, 404LE and 207) and a bunch of other planar and dynamic headphones.

Jan 8, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #22 of 23
One last thought. The imp of this headphone is very low as in 3 ohms. This means the amp must and I mean must have a very low output imp 2 or lower is a must even at 3 is acceptable
But below it is better. Why is simple it will seriously mess with the sound balance and let no one ever tell you it's ********. While some sound ok woth a miss match of imp does not nagate a fact in general. Like he hd800 need a high imp
Output. One of my Amps has a low and high output imp. Clearly the improvemt is there when set to high.

Excuse me but you are talking of and obviously heard  a completely different headphone made by another company  than the the Jecklin Float electrostatic this thread is about.
And yes it is not an electrostatic hence I find i improbable that it would be better and more transparent than even the original Jecklin Floats from the 1970s!
I have also heard the ERGOs but they are nowhere near a good electrostatic headphone in SQ.

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #23 of 23
I am sorry for off topic in this thread
However since both are a on your head and not over your ears and both are a design simaler I figured it would be good to have them both in one thread.
I'll start a thread of its own

Users who are viewing this thread

Back