JDS o2 issues
Feb 6, 2014 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

wcreek

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I recently purchased an o2 off of a seller for about $100~ shipped. He said that the "ac adapter never worked for him" and when it arrived the only way the amp would work is by charging the batteries in a 9v charger. I ordered the triad wau16-400 for some more voltage hoping it would be enough to make sound work on 650's. However whenever I use the "12 volt" or the 16 volt from triad alone with no batteries in it, I have absolutely no sound.. I am essentially saying it will not work with AC adapters that I have bought that no one else seems to have issues with.

Is there something relatively easy to fix with the device, or am I better off trying to fight for a refund if the item is not "perfect" like the seller advertised?

Thanks,
Nick

Feb 6, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #2 of 7
is the O2 turning ON if you remove the battery (the red led turns ON or not)?  maybe it's just that the o2 female is too recessed inside the box and you just can't plug it in?

I had this with the default ac adapter and had to cut a few millimeters of the housing near the plug to let it go deep enough into the O2.

Feb 6, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #3 of 7
  I recently purchased an o2 off of a seller for about $100~ shipped. He said that the "ac adapter never worked for him" and when it arrived the only way the amp would work is by charging the batteries in a 9v charger. I ordered the triad wau16-400 for some more voltage hoping it would be enough to make sound work on 650's. However whenever I use the "12 volt" or the 16 volt from triad alone with no batteries in it, I have absolutely no sound.. I am essentially saying it will not work with AC adapters that I have bought that no one else seems to have issues with.

Is there something relatively easy to fix with the device, or am I better off trying to fight for a refund if the item is not "perfect" like the seller advertised?

I would send a quick e-mail to JDS Labs to try to find out what's really going on. They were very helpful when I bought mine.

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #5 of 7

I would send a quick e-mail to JDS Labs to try to find out what's really going on. They were very helpful when I bought mine.

Red light comes on but other then that nothing.

Yea Email John at JDS labs, those guys are very very nice, and very helpful! 

Feb 6, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #6 of 7
At a guess one of the voltage regulators isnt working.  If you seller built it from a kit it may just need a bit of touch up with a soldering iron to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back