JDS Labs cMoybb help?
Jul 27, 2013 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

audiotechkid

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, 

i recently bought a jdslabs cmoybb v2.03, and i have had no problems with it up until yesterday. So i was just listening to music through my set up, which was an iPod classic 160gb out to a fiio l3 LOD, to my cMoy, and i was using my audio technica
ath-ckm500. After a while i heard some static in the songs that i was listening to, soon the left side of my headphones stopped playing, followed by the right side, leaving me with just the hiss of the amp. I looked at my ipod and saw that the music was still playing. So at first, I thought that it was just a jack problem, i unplugged my headphones, and still there was nothing playing.
So, i tried using my headphones straight out of the headphone jack of my ipod and my samsung galaxy s3, and the same song played just fine. I decided to wait until i got home to charge it, thinking that it was a battery problem. However, this morning when i woke up, i tried out the cmoy with my v moda m80 and my audio technica ath-ckm 500. The same problem occurred. I then took another amp, the digizoid zo2.3 and it worked perfectly. i tried using the cmoy straight out through my ipod's and laptop's headphone jack and it still did not work. 

Having said that, i was just wondering if anybody else had the same problem and found a way to overcome it, as i purchased the cmoy through an online authorised reseller and they dont allow refunds,

Thanks.

Jul 28, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
Hi guys, 

i recently bought a jdslabs cmoybb v2.03, and i have had no problems with it up until yesterday. So i was just listening to music through my set up, which was an iPod classic 160gb out to a fiio l3 LOD, to my cMoy, and i was using my audio technica
ath-ckm500. After a while i heard some static in the songs that i was listening to, soon the left side of my headphones stopped playing, followed by the right side, leaving me with just the hiss of the amp. I looked at my ipod and saw that the music was still playing. So at first, I thought that it was just a jack problem, i unplugged my headphones, and still there was nothing playing.
So, i tried using my headphones straight out of the headphone jack of my ipod and my samsung galaxy s3, and the same song played just fine. I decided to wait until i got home to charge it, thinking that it was a battery problem. However, this morning when i woke up, i tried out the cmoy with my v moda m80 and my audio technica ath-ckm 500. The same problem occurred. I then took another amp, the digizoid zo2.3 and it worked perfectly. i tried using the cmoy straight out through my ipod's and laptop's headphone jack and it still did not work. 

Having said that, i was just wondering if anybody else had the same problem and found a way to overcome it, as i purchased the cmoy through an online authorised reseller and they dont allow refunds,

Thanks.

This really seems like a dead battery. Version 2.03 does not charge, by the way.

Contact us directly if you need more help.

Jul 31, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #3 of 5
Hi, 
thanks for the reply.However, the battery on my unit says that it is a rechargeable battery, also, i tried using the cMoy with a DC cable and the same problem occurred. Is this still the problem of a dead battery?
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back