JDS Labs Atom 2
Dec 6, 2023 at 11:33 PM Post #3 of 26
Pretty sure the machined screws haven't even cooled down on this one yet. Fresh off the manufacturing table.

Absolutely love my original Atom stack and Element III. Quite fond of JDS, in general.

Dec 7, 2023 at 4:40 AM Post #4 of 26
I've had so many of the original and + version stacks I'd buy the new ones sight unseen. The metal case should be good at warding interference from phones or other components. The plastic case being so light was my only complaint.

Dec 18, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #10 of 26
I adore my Element 3. Best wishes to JDS. For anyone on the fence their products are all excellent with top notch service.
I'm curious why the EL Amp and DAC exist, together they cost more than an Element while necessitating a stack vs. one unit, and the Atom takes care of the stack part if someone insists on a stack. Is the Element/EL Amp/DAC better than the Atom?

I do see that the EL Amp has more power than the Atom.

Maybe it's for someone who wants the AMP or DAC part of the Element without purchasing the whole unit.

Dec 27, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #12 of 26
My Atom 2 + Atom DAC 2 just landed (Sample packaging, not representative of new items being shipped)

413011698_7222328707842655_1555606365496804303_n.jpg

Jan 7, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #15 of 26
I'm curious why the EL Amp and DAC exist, together they cost more than an Element while necessitating a stack vs. one unit, and the Atom takes care of the stack part if someone insists on a stack. Is the Element/EL Amp/DAC better than the Atom?

I do see that the EL Amp has more power than the Atom.

Maybe it's for someone who wants the AMP or DAC part of the Element without purchasing the whole unit.

Some people just need a DAC or an amp, they don't need an all-in-one like the Element III. The EL DAC has balanced TRS outputs as an option and has coax digital in. So more features than the Atom DAC 2. The Element/EL line consisted of metal construction as well for the longest time where as the Atom was only plastic construction. So more features and better materials.

I do run an Element III MK2 myself as I prefer all-in-one units.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back