Jcally EP05 , JC10 Bio-cel Endgame $16 worth $1000!
Oct 24, 2021 at 5:39 AM Post #136 of 155
There's only so many ways to wear an earbud lol. I've tried every angle. Buds cannot seal like IEMs.
It has to have a not too light and not too strong, direct seal.
Hovering in your ear.
Then it sounds "right".

To me, it resembles the HD660s in terms of full-size headphone timbre. Without the treble extension and airiness but with more, well, space. Because it obviously has no external boundaries to present the music. Very well suitable for classical music ie chamber or solo works. I am just listening to Ravel Piano Works for 4 hands and the EP05 is far beyond its competition with it.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #137 of 155
My second pair of EP05 arrived just now... same rear grill this time... and yes they sound different from the first pair, better I can say based on 5 minutes test. More impressions after an extended test and comparison.

Nov 30, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #138 of 155
Some further clarification regarding the EP05: I got two pairs of them. Both pairs sound a bit different. One of them had channel imbalance and the mids sounded more recessed than the other pair. But both sounded quite similar except the differences mentioned. I assume it's just a QC issue.

But I wanted to know if there is really a different driver in it. So I opened both of them to see whats inside.

This is how the driver looks like (I damaged the driver):

1638302907354.png

Exactly like on the product pictures:

1638302872661.png

So this picture below from the posts before is non-sense:

11584070.jpg

Actually the transparent driver is the correct one.

Sound expectations for interested members:

+ Soundstage is very big
+ Transient response is really good
+ Coherent / natural sound
° Decent details
- FR needs some EQ, especially in the treble + subbass (responds quite well to EQ) -> Issue is heavily dependent on your fit and ear anatomy

The comparison to 1000$ sound is ridicolous, but they sound definitely pretty good and I will buy another pair for casual listening. Hope this helps a bit.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #139 of 155
Yep. Comparison to a 1000$ sound is screaming at best.
It is a very nice and complementary, not-so-audiophile set as alternative in certain situations.

If I want to have the same usefulness yet on a more audiophile level, technicalities like imaging, space, more resolution and all of this especially for acoustic music -
I still take my Toneking T200 any day.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021 at 8:18 AM Post #140 of 155
If these jcally buds are so good, you have to wonder why they're not in the mammoth earbuds roundup thread where they'll invite more scrutiny from the Earbud community.

I have both jc10 and ep05, for the low price they're OK but hardly the gems they're made out to be. Anyone compared Yincrow X6 to them?

Dec 1, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #141 of 155
If these jcally buds are so good, you have to wonder why they're not in the mammoth earbuds roundup thread where they'll invite more scrutiny from the Earbud community.

I have both jc10 and ep05, for the low price they're OK but hardly the gems they're made out to be. Anyone compared Yincrow X6 to them?
I've both... 2 pair of EP05 and the X6... for my tastes X6 for ever.

Dec 1, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #142 of 155
Just compared my ep05 to my k LLBs and there is no contest. The LLBs have so much more detail, air, speration. Yes, the FR as different but but the ep05 can't match the detail. They sound fine on their own and have a very relaxed FR but when comparing with other sets you notice the difference.

Dec 13, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #143 of 155
Listen with this set for about a week now, with foam they muffle, yes you can hear the bass down to 20hz (maybe) but it's earbud bass. Without foam they sound incredible, they quite "balanced" with a mid bass emphasised, mid is neutral maybe a slight recess male vocal, the treble is relaxed with decent detail and air. Sometimes they sounds a bit plasticky but overall quite neutral. Rec for casual listening and rock listener

Dec 13, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #144 of 155
I've both... 2 pair of EP05 and the X6... for my tastes X6 for ever.

I got Jcally EP05 and Yincrow X6 together after reading some of these threads. Phooey. The Jcally is muffled and mushy, even without the foams. Don't believe the hype. At least I can re-purpose the cable. The Yincrow outdoes it in every way--but for me it's still substandard, bassy and hollow, nowhere near what you can get in a cheap IEM like the QKZ VK4.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #145 of 155
I got Jcally EP05 and Yincrow X6 together after reading some of these threads. The Jcally is muffled and mushy, even without the foams. Don't believe the hype. At least I can re-purpose the cable. The Yincrow outdoes it in every way.
Oh yeah quite like the cable. Maybe qc issue ? To me they balanced tho, maybe a 5db bass boost but it's not really destroy the music

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #146 of 155
I don't give the benefit of the doubt for QC. Both buds sound similar, switching between ears. Is it really likely they would both have exactly the same QC issue?

When buds sound bad -- or basically mediocre, like these -- I'm not going to get a second pair to make sure they're mediocre (or ship them back to China, ha). A fail is a fail.

Feb 25, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #148 of 155
Recent posts in here sound like the thread title should be changed to Endgame $16 worth $10 lol! :smiling_imp:

Mar 22, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #149 of 155
I just got my hands on these 5 days ago, I'm not a big believer of burn in, but, Oh wow how they have left everything else I own behind.
The OP really meant it. This is very very close to endgame! (IF YOU DO NOT CARE ABOUT SUB BASS)
Okay, when I first got them I got really sad because the left side sounded wrong, there was absolutely no bass out of it, but as many of you may know, this sometimes happen when the drivers get stuck, you have to carefully blow and suck on directly on the driver (make sure to only blow air and nothing else) this works with every single earbud I own. The edifier h180 once got stuck for some reason, it happens from time to time to my Bang and Olufsen A8 which I used to daily drive. it happens to the original apple earbuds which Tyll from innerfidelity so highly praised. They all got solved by sucking and blowing.
But I just couldn't believe the size of these after I did the trick. They definitely sound like, at least, ksc75 size. They sound really large, and thick. I did have to tune the sound signature to my taste, but I didn't have to touch any frequency above 1K. Yeah, THAT GOOD.
I emphazised 40Hz and lowered from 120-160Hz. from then on, a 3DB decrease with a high Q to 976 and they are now FLAT as a pancake.
There is no information below about 40Hz, but really, I'm not that much of a bass head so, I'm fine with a fine light bass.

But yeah, after about 2 hours, they do feel like even speakers are playing. Sometimes, after the song changes and there are some distant triangles playing, I think to myself if there is someone out there, they are that much realistic.
I really couldn't care less about it's driver's technology but the fact that I only had to use 4 EQ filters lightly, (I'm a big heavy user of EQ) really says a lot about this fantastic bud.

Also, $12. they arrived in 3 weeks from Ali. You should just get them to try them out, try the suck/blow trick on them and find out for yourselves.

There may be somebody that is keen on the cable, I'm not, I will definitely get me a new mmcx to use on this.
Oh, did I mention, MMCX swappable cable for only $12?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back