Jcally EP05 , JC10 Bio-cel Endgame $16 worth $1000!
Oct 19, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #121 of 155
This is the eq I have been using with the jc10, with foams on. It really is a hidden gem, once EQed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211019-182613~2.png
    Screenshot_20211019-182613~2.png
    168.4 KB · Views: 0
Oct 21, 2021 at 7:27 AM Post #125 of 155
My silver cable finally arrived. Check the quality compared to the stock EP05 cable.
Will let it burn in for a while, but I am already impressed.
Definitely will order another 4.4 mm from this reliable seller that he is always online and answer questions.

Attachments

• 20211021_122549.jpg
    20211021_122549.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Oct 22, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #126 of 155
Mine just arrived. Anyway to tell if they're genuine or fake?

Listening to them, they sound good, full and wide, but compared to my IEMs (this is my first earbud) they're quite veiled/muffled. They're also huge, and when I put them in my ear they don't really point into my ear canal, they're kind of facing the skin on my ear. Is this how they're supposed to be worn?

Just noticed on the packaging it says "EP05 high resolution female poison earphone". What?

ETA: Forgot to mention I also got the Yincrow X6 at the same time. They're are absolute bass cannons. More so than the Blon BL03 IMO. In comparison to the Yincrows, the EP05 are much less V shaped and the sound feels like it's in front of you.

At the moment, the Yincrows are significantly better than the EP05. I must've got fakes.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021 at 5:56 AM Post #128 of 155
Mine just arrived. Anyway to tell if they're genuine or fake?

Listening to them, they sound good, full and wide, but compared to my IEMs (this is my first earbud) they're quite veiled/muffled. They're also huge, and when I put them in my ear they don't really point into my ear canal, they're kind of facing the skin on my ear. Is this how they're supposed to be worn?

Just noticed on the packaging it says "EP05 high resolution female poison earphone". What?

ETA: Forgot to mention I also got the Yincrow X6 at the same time. They're are absolute bass cannons. More so than the Blon BL03 IMO. In comparison to the Yincrows, the EP05 are much less V shaped and the sound feels like it's in front of you.

At the moment, the Yincrows are significantly better than the EP05. I must've got fakes.
imho , there's no such thing as a fake EP05,(1. no photo fact to show otherwise yet, except for 1 lemon 2. Too Cheap to Fake $9) just pop open the bud its easy peasy to do it just pry slowly at the edge until the grill lid pops :)

Also at such a low price point, I doubt there will be counterfeiters too, just a waste of time for them for so little :)

FYI, as a mature flat head EarBud and IEM user I can state that the sound signatures are exclusive, also owning Yincrow X6 = Rebranded Vido and many others its unfair to compare the EP05 with them, as they are different in everyway, due to their vastly different internal drivers (EP05= titanium diaphragm).

PS.. BTW EP05 are not Bass Cannons, unlike the Vido, and that's a Great Advantage too, it is the micro details that stands it apart

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #129 of 155
This is the eq I have been using with the jc10, with foams on. It really is a hidden gem, once EQed.
I tried your EQ for my jc10 with foam covers on my 5k. We must be having totally different buds! With your EQ there was no bass to be heard from 400hz down. And the treble was piercing.

From our two samples , the manufacturing variances on these are mind boggling from very bass heavy (yours) to very bass light (mine). Not to mention the treble. A real lottery draw if there was one.

Oct 22, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #130 of 155
I guess it is all about the right fit, not about production variables.
You do get a strong bass as well as mids and a good treble response up into the 8-9khz region assuming you softly drill that thing into the concha until it snaps into place so to say. You will know as soon as it holds its place even if you move your head rather fast. In any other way, I get a frequency response bent in weird shapes.
All of that works for me just if you wear them over-ear. (My upgrade silver/copper cable is too heavy for wearing them straight ie I immediately lose the fit

Oct 22, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #131 of 155
imho , there's no such thing as a fake EP05,(1. no photo fact to show otherwise yet, except for 1 lemon 2. Too Cheap to Fake $9) just pop open the bud its easy peasy to do it just pry slowly at the edge until the grill lid pops :)

Also at such a low price point, I doubt there will be counterfeiters too, just a waste of time for them for so little :)

FYI, as a mature flat head EarBud and IEM user I can state that the sound signatures are exclusive, also owning Yincrow X6 = Rebranded Vido and many others its unfair to compare the EP05 with them, as they are different in everyway, due to their vastly different internal drivers (EP05= titanium diaphragm).

PS.. BTW EP05 are not Bass Cannons, unlike the Vido, and that's a Great Advantage too, it is the micro details that stands it apart

I thought OP said there were fakes? And also two kinds of genuine EP05s?

I'm a bit confused!

Oct 22, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #133 of 155
I guess it is all about the right fit, not about production variables.
You do get a strong bass as well as mids and a good treble response up into the 8-9khz region assuming you softly drill that thing into the concha until it snaps into place so to say. You will know as soon as it holds its place even if you move your head rather fast. In any other way, I get a frequency response bent in weird shapes.
All of that works for me just if you wear them over-ear. (My upgrade silver/copper cable is too heavy for wearing them straight ie I immediately lose the fit
There's only so many ways to wear an earbud lol. I've tried every angle. Buds cannot seal like IEMs.

Oct 23, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #134 of 155
Just bought EP05. The sound is indeed special, especially on female vocal, and I am listening mostly to jpop. I noticed that the sound is a bit muffled with foam cover, probably becauss it is blocking the hole at the back? Listening without foam is the best for me but I cannot get this bud fit firmly in my ears. Imo, if your surrounding is quiet, this would be perfect, but for me, back to ER4XR except for casual listening in the morning during silent hours.

Oct 23, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #135 of 155
Just bought EP05. The sound is indeed special, especially on female vocal, and I am listening mostly to jpop. I noticed that the sound is a bit muffled with foam cover, probably becauss it is blocking the hole at the back? Listening without foam is the best for me but I cannot get this bud fit firmly in my ears. Imo, if your surrounding is quiet, this would be perfect, but for me, back to ER4XR except for casual listening in the morning during silent hours.
Try some o ring instead of foam cover. O rings take the buds in place without blocking holes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back