JBL reference 410... Sennheiser HD515
Mar 21, 2008 at 7:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

x-kevin

Head-Fier
This might sound stupid to most of you people... but what do you think sounds better... jbl reference 410's or sennheiser hd515

i've only listened to the jbl's and from i got they have a good bass response and sound pretty decent

in reviews i have seen that sennheisers don't have the amount of bass the jbl's do and don't sound as full or rich... but have a much better attention to detail in sound.

if you guys could post some suggestions that would be awesome!

Mar 21, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #3 of 17
From what I've read, the HD515 are not very good and you could probably do better.

Haven't heard of the JBL 410, and the Creative Aurvana probably aren't very good (Although I have never heard them). Creative aren't very well known for high end headphones.

Mar 21, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #4 of 17
I double that

Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From what I've read, the HD515 are not very good and you could probably do better.

Haven't heard of the JBL 410, and the Creative Aurvana probably aren't very good (Although I have never heard them). Creative aren't very well known for high end headphones.

Mar 21, 2008 at 11:38 PM Post #5 of 17
kk... i've heard bad about the sennheisers too... but no one knows about JBL... they are owned by harman, and im sure you guys know about AKG... but no one about JBL
frown.gif

Mar 21, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by x-kevin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
kk... i've heard bad about the sennheisers too... but no one knows about JBL... they are owned by harman, and im sure you guys know about AKG... but no one about JBL
frown.gif

Ah. They look just like the AKG K26p except with an improved headband.

Lots of people do not like the K26p (http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/tod...g-k26p-132220/, http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/bew...g-k26p-193852/) so unless they are improved, they're probably not very good.

Why not get the Koss KSC-75? They're probably the best under $50 yet very cheap (depending on what country your in...).

Mar 22, 2008 at 11:36 AM Post #11 of 17
I USED to have a HD515, and i think they are simply not worh the price.. even my PX100 is MUCH more better than that overall.

I have listened a JBl 410 a while ago, and i think i like it. IMO bass is really punchy and isolates good, but too much bass sometimes.

Mar 22, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #12 of 17
There are a lot of negative things said about the 515s. They don't sound horible, they just are not worth the price. I got some for my wife several months ago for 30.00. For that price I think they were barely worth it.

Apr 2, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by x-kevin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
also want to know what you guys think about Creative DJ Aurvana.

i want to buy one of these... so don't recommend other headphones please!!
thanks!

I'm probably one of the few here who's spent some quality time with all 4 of the Creative Aurvana-series 'phones + IEM. They're almost non-existent here on Head-fi, and brand-bias means that many Headphiles write them off without really auditioning them. So let me help you out.
wink.gif

The Aurvana DJ is at the bottom of their Aurvana headphone tree, and isn't very good at all for the price. Easily beaten by 'phones like the Ultrasone DJ1's. The sound is raspy, hollow, and downright cheap.

The Aurvana Live! is next, and a world apart from the DJ. Much better in every respect. Soundstage, bass slam, and midrange clarity. That having been said, they're priced a bit high considering their not-very-solid construction. But the Grados are even worse in terms of headband construction, so I wouldn't worry about that.

The Aurvana X-Fi is Creative's flagship headphone, and I feel they're actually better than Bose. I wouldn't buy them, because they're noise-cancelling, but they are well-constructed, and superbly comfortable. They also include Creative's famous X-Fi soundcard features, which is a huge plus over the Bose.

Finally, the Aurvana In-Ears. For the price I'd ask you to top-up a bit and buy Ultimate Ears Super-fi 3's, or Westone UM2's, but taken by themselves, they don't sound bad. Just a bit bass-biased, and transients are somewhat poor. Other aspects are pretty good, and you're talking balanced armatures here; at least better than AKG earbuds, Audio-Technica's cheaper in-ear range, and Marshmallows.

I doubt Creative's going to be fighting the giant likes of Sennheisser or AKG anytime in the future, but they're not rubbish at all. Their Aurvana series is competent, especially for a brand not famous for its headphones. Hope this reply helps!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back