JBL Reference 220 IEMs - initial impression with pics
Jan 26, 2007 at 1:56 AM Post #31 of 102
Got mine today. They've only got 6 hours on 'em, but they're sounding great!
warrior05 didn't lead me astray. They do have a similar sig. to the Docs, a little bit anyway. I'm very impressed especially considering the price. Comfy too. They look a little silly plugged into the Darkvoice, but my Pint was already packed for the Dallas meet. Love the cable! Thanks Scott! Oh and they love your Darkvoice!
icon10.gif

Feb 2, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #32 of 102
Anybody else get a new pair of these with SEVERE channel imbalance?

Just received a pair yesterday, plugged them in, and one side was far quieter and murkier than the other. Re-seated the plug, switched ears, switched music, switched sources, switched amps, and it's the same earpiece every time. Situation unchanged after a good night's burning-in.

I'll be exchanging these for a fresh pair, but I'm curious about whether anyone else has encountered the same thing.

Feb 2, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #33 of 102
Never had any problems with mine. In fact, yours is the first problem I've read about.

Exchange 'em for some new ones and report back with your impressions.

Feb 10, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #39 of 102
i had the 220s for about 2 months and hated the sound and fit of them. The cloth wire was a great idea.

isolation was pretty bad on NYC trains and i found myself having to pump up the volume which really made the bass very muddy.

The earbuds fit ok for 30-45 min train rides but anything overthat it began to start hurting.

I also feel 80 for these headphones is a rip off.

Feb 17, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #40 of 102
STAPLES for $49

link to Staples deal til midnight tonight, $49 and free shipping if you have a Staples reward card.

Feb 17, 2007 at 6:00 AM Post #41 of 102
Ha! I need some nice IEMs but I might buy them just for the case
smily_headphones1.gif

I thought about Marshmallows but I got some KSC75s instead because of all of the hype. I still have an IEM void in my life and would like to start out small in case I don't like the feel of them.

Feb 20, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #43 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by urklab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This review + their $30 price tag is what caused me to pull the trigger on them!
tongue.gif

Been needing some iem's for a while, they're just so much more convenient.

Where did you find these for $30 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back