JBL Everest Bluetooth Wireless headphones
Nov 13, 2015 at 12:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

JWahl

1000+ Head-Fier
Nov 13, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 5
I picked up the Everest 700. I'm not an audiophile, but I really enjoy them. Very high quality sound, with really good bass. The mic works really well and no one I've been on calls with has complained of voice quality. However, they're pretty uncomfortable at this point. They press hard on my ears and the top of my head. Gonna try and stretch them a bit tonight. If they don't feel better after that, they might be going back - bummer since the mic and sound is nice.

Nov 14, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #3 of 5
I picked up a pair of the Everest 700 Elites tonight, and so far, they sound quite a bit better than most of the bluetooth headphones that you'd find at say, your closest Best Buy. For the asking price of $299, these cans should be pretty great, especially with the adjustable ANC. The lows are nice and punchy, but the mids and highs are both, sadly, subdued. My pair came with a bad problem of a constant high pitched tone in the left ear, but I guess you could chalk that up to an anomaly. They are a fun sounding headphone, but lack resolution, and do not pick up some of the finer details of Steely Dan's "Time Out of Mind," but most noise cancelling cans I've auditioned have had this problem. All-in-all, I'd rate them a 6, and definitely a better headphone than what Bose, Beats, Skullcandy, and Monster are putting out, but can't be paired next to better, non-wireless, cans like what AKG and brands like Grado put out. I'll probably keep this pair for my occasional gaming and travel, but the definitely will not be a daily driver. 

Nov 16, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #4 of 5
I'm waiting for the Everest Elite 700 to available for purchase in my country and hope some of you might be able to answer a few questions I have about them:

How is the passive isolation combined with the ANC when it comes to suppressing typical office noise like people talking etc? I'm going to use them a lot for listening to audiobooks at my desk and the best I've found so far in handling that type of noise is the Parrot Zik 2.0's but I want something with better battery life as they don't last even a full day of usage unless I charge them mid-day.

So my next question is how you find the battery life when using them with Bluetooth and ANC active?

And last, how does the ANC compare to other headset(s) you've tried, both wireless and corded?

Apr 28, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #5 of 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back