Jazz set up
Mar 4, 2020 at 3:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

gazzington

Headphoneus Supremus
Over last few months I've found myself listening to miles Davies, John Coltrane etc. What woukd be great iems for this type of music. Budget up to £1000 ish

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:23 AM Post #2 of 7
Hi @gazzington,

I listen to Jazz all the time, especially a lot of Coltrane, I would suggest the following in no particular order :

Plenue X30
CustomArt Fibae Black
Sony IER M7
Audio Technica E70
iBasso IT 04
iBasso IT 01s
ISN Audio H40
AAW A3H
Vain Sthlm Originals
Meze 12 Classics
Periodic Audio Be
Peridoic Audio C

Feel free to ask more when you need.

Hope you have a great day !

Mar 9, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #4 of 7
Thanks both. I'm currently using the periodic be for jazz. They are very nice indeed. I'm very tempted to get a set of custom art. Hear very good things about them

Mar 9, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #5 of 7
@gazzington,

Really hard to go wrong with the Fibae Black.

Seriously several leaps up & sonically way above its price point.

Hope you have a great day !

Mar 9, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #6 of 7
Over last few months I've found myself listening to miles Davies, John Coltrane etc. What woukd be great iems for this type of music. Budget up to £1000 ish
£1000. Blimey for that you could buy a stack hifi.. Or a load of good jazz vinyl or cd.. :relaxed: .. But what source would you be using ? . Hopefully somebody on here will know and get back to you . Very hard has you know to buy, hear almost anything in the UK.

Mar 11, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #7 of 7
I've been listening to jazz all my life and in the past I played it also.I use Shure SE-215s for plane travel and until recently I was mostly meh about them. The last time I really started liking them with the stock olives I think they are called.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back