Jays U Jays
May 8, 2016 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

pinoyman

1000+ Head-Fier
lets start a thread on this.
here's the review: http://inearspace.com/2016/05/05/jays-u-jays-portable-choice/

i love ON ears and im a midrange kind of guy, so i guess this fits me :)

anyone pls chime in :)

Sep 21, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #4 of 6
Enjoying them a fair bit. Something funky going on with midrange to me, especially noticable w/ some vocals Otherwise mostly pleasant kind of smooth listen, particularly at lower volumes without losing detail or bass weight. Presentation nice and uncogested Seem particularly suited for modern production pop/rock/r'n'b, electronica, not so good for lower quality old recordings and as w/ vocals some instruments can sound a bit off in classical & jazz.

Got a used set, but even at the new reduced full price, not a bad deal, might be a good upgrade from Porta-Pros.

Nov 10, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #5 of 6
Just listening to these as my gf got herself a pair and was complaining that they sound "out there", by which I think she means they have a good soundstage, separation and polite sound. I think she prefers a much warmer sound that also sits her much closer to the stage. Prior to these she has been listening to fake beats mixr headphones. So far she has been disappointed. I told her to let herself adjust to this "audiophile" sound.

I'm by no means an expert in discerning sound quality but these sound lovely and polite to my ears. One thing I enjoy about hearing new headphones is hearing how their sound characteristics bring attention to new areas in songs I already know. These definitely do that.

I do however agree with her that with more POPpy music/sound I wish they had a bit more energy.

Sep 12, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #6 of 6
Hi Guys, looking for your help!
I bought q-jays from their website, I am in Netherlands BTW, a year ago but didn't use it much because it was a bit harsh for my taste.
Recently I decided to give it an another try and realized that my units are imbalanced, the sound from the right unit is quite smaller than the other.
I checked the connections and the protective filters to make sure, then did all kinds of A/B tests, swap left and right, wearing upside, changing the protective filter left and right, try different sources, and compare with other earphones, but the sound from the right unit is always smaller. So, I emailed to Jays and they send me a copy paste reply to check what I already did, replied back that I did but it's same. Then another reply from Jays with the similar story and stopped to responding to my email. I decided to make a phone call but surprisingly they have no phone number on their web site.

Dear Members, what kinds of measure I can take if they don't responding to your service request? Has anyone had a similar experience?

I hope that this is an issue with the person handling my case and not Scandinavian BS.
Have a nice day anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back