JAYS by Jens Nylander
May 25, 2006 at 5:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 68

Jens Nylander

New Head-Fier
Hi,

My name is Jens Nylander, one of the founders at JAYS. We are developing sound-isolating earphones and technologies. The first product, d-JAYS, is released on the 13 June 2006 and are using very small balanced armature drivers which are superior in reponse. We have made sure to deliver that natural bass and on the same time don't comprimise on "mids and highs". It has taken some time(18 months) to make sure we offer optimal fit which is made by angling and distancing the earphone correctly in the ear.

The industrial design is one our strongest areas, togheter with the third co-founder and designer Johan we have an industrial design team which is well-known in Scandinavia which we belive can create demanding products.

The conceptual model that was shown at Engadget (for example) is q-JAYS, a product that will be released beginning of 2007. It using four "ultra minature" drivers which makes us able to create amazing sound in a product no longer than 20 millimeters.

concept2007JAYS.jpg

I am very happy to publish more closer images here(which is not shown publically) since we like when customers participate and discuss what they think. These comments we belive is the most important in our future development.

Best regards,

Jens Nylander
JAYS AB

May 25, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #3 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens Nylander
Hi,

My name is Jens Nylander, one of the founders at JAYS. We are developing sound-isolating earphones and technologies. The first product, d-JAYS, is released on the 13 June 2006 and are using very small balanced armature drivers which are superior in reponse. We have made sure to deliver that natural bass and on the same time don't comprimise on "mids and highs". It has taken some time(18 months) to make sure we offer optimal fit which is made by angling and distancing the earphone correctly in the ear.

The industrial design is one our strongest areas, togheter with the third co-founder and designer Johan we have an industrial design team which is well-known in Scandinavia which we belive can create demanding products.

The conceptual model that was shown at Engadget (for example) is q-JAYS, a product that will be released beginning of 2007. It using four "ultra minature" drivers which makes us able to create amazing sound in a product no longer than 20 millimeters.

concept2007JAYS.jpg

I am very happy to publish more closer images here(which is not shown publically) since we like when customers participate and discuss what they think. These comments we belive is the most important in our future development.

Best regards,

Jens Nylander
JAYS AB

YGPM!!!

Garrett

May 25, 2006 at 9:40 PM Post #5 of 68
The standard price for d-JAYS is $99, but I assume there will be a kind of larger discount during the lanuch.... I guess $79.

The standard colors will be white and black (2 versions) and then there will be a limited number of colors choosen by the customer by a voting process from 13 june. We have made them in many colors and we think it's up to the customer to choose which colors except white and black we should manufacture.

Best regards,

Jens
JAYS AB

May 25, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #7 of 68
Jens, those look great! All high-quality, audiophile iems are highly welcomed. The stylish looks and the not-so-mass-product appeal makes your 'phones very tempting for me
icon10.gif

Cheers
Klaus

May 29, 2006 at 3:03 AM Post #12 of 68
I think 4 in each. Looks very cool, I'm excited for some feedback about them.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back