Jaybird X3 vs Bose Soundsport Wireless
Nov 6, 2016 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 70

Nobody118

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I am considering purchasing either the jaybird X3 or the Bose soundsport wireless and I cannot come to a decision. I would mainly use these headphones while working out/running and also everyday use. This would be my first time using Bluetooth headphones. I listen to about everything so I would prefer a flat sound stage but I know the jaybirds offer an eq tuner in the app, I am not sure if Bose offers this. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Nov 7, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #2 of 70
I've been using the Soundsport Wireless for the past couple of weeks, the revised version, which addresses the sweat-proof issues of v1. Extremely happy so far. Have the X3s on the way, expected end of the week, and happy to report back with comparison afterwards. Using both exclusively for running.

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #3 of 70
I've been using the Soundsport Wireless for the past couple of weeks, the revised version, which addresses the sweat-proof issues of v1. Extremely happy so far. Have the X3s on the way, expected end of the week, and happy to report back with comparison afterwards. Using both exclusively for running.

I've got my eye on the X3s, so I look forward to hearing your views.

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #4 of 70

How did this turn out? I bought the SoundSport Wireless about a week ago. Not thrilled with the connection quality, lots of random and brief disconnects. Still have them, but just placed an order on the X3. I'll keep the one I prefer and return the other.

Nov 17, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #5 of 70
How did this turn out? I bought the SoundSport Wireless about a week ago. Not thrilled with the connection quality, lots of random and brief disconnects. Still have them, but just placed an order on the X3. I'll keep the one I prefer and return the other.

There was a delay with delivery on my X3s, expecting them today and will report back after the weekend. Sorry to hear about issues with your Soundsports - the connection on mine has been flawless. Run a couple of marathons in them without so much as a stutter.

Nov 18, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #6 of 70
I'm very interesting in hearing opinions on the X3 vs the Bose wireless as well.  Best Buy doesn't have the X3 in stock to do a visual comparison.

the Bose seemed nice when I tried them at the store, but I'm not thrilled with the sound.

Nov 19, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #7 of 70
There was a delay with delivery on my X3s, expecting them today and will report back after the weekend. Sorry to hear about issues with your Soundsports - the connection on mine has been flawless. Run a couple of marathons in them without so much as a stutter.

Any initial feedback?

Nov 19, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #8 of 70
Any initial feedback?

Very positive so far. Sound is crisp, reasonably detailed, with some decent bottom-end heft, which I don't find too overbearing unless boosted further with a bass-centric profile on the Jaybird app, which is kinda fun. Bose bass could be overpowering at times. Connection-wise paired immediately, and didn't experience one stutter on a 10km run yesterday. Fit is extremely secure and I didn't really suffer any loss of seal for the duration. Big wins with these over the Soundsports is versatility - ability to wear over ear or under, better cable management options, and size. On a windy day I'd feel gusts chopping against the oversize earpieces with the Bose. It wasn't a deal-breaker, but it could be distracting.

Barring any functional fails, I anticipate keeping the X3s as my main running phones.

Nov 19, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #9 of 70
Just got my X3 today and have been really enjoying them. I haven't taken them to the gym yet, but have been wearing them doing short errands and things around the house today.They seem to stay in well and have zero signal/interference issues with my Google Pixel XL. The cable management clips make there a bit more ergonomic over the SoundSport. The sound signature can be customized, but I keep finding myself back at the flat EQ. The bass is punchy, and the mids come in at a decent volume. The highs can be a bit hot on certain tracks, but you can EQ that out. Overall, I prefer the sonics of this over the SoundSports.

Returning the Bose. Good product, but beat out by the X3.

Nov 19, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #10 of 70
Just got my X3 today and have been really enjoying them. I haven't taken them to the gym yet, but have been wearing them doing short errands and things around the house today.They seem to stay in well and have zero signal/interference issues with my Google Pixel XL. The cable management clips make there a bit more ergonomic over the SoundSport. The sound signature can be customized, but I keep finding myself back at the flat EQ. The bass is punchy, and the mids come in at a decent volume. The highs can be a bit hot on certain tracks, but you can EQ that out. Overall, I prefer the sonics of this over the SoundSports.

Returning the Bose. Good product, but beat out by the X3.

Completely agree. I enjoyed the Bose for the time I had them, but they've definitely been displaced by the X3s for me.

Nov 20, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #11 of 70
How would you rate the two in terms of physical comfort - does wearing any of them for hours cause inconvenience/fatigue? And do they remain firmly inside the ear?

Sorry to barge in, i've also been debating which one to choose for the past weeks.

Nov 20, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #12 of 70
  How would you rate the two in terms of physical comfort - does wearing any of them for hours cause inconvenience/fatigue? And do they remain firmly inside the ear?

Sorry to barge in, i've also been debating which one to choose for the past weeks.

If you are used to traditional IEMs, the X3 will seem comfortable. The fins are far better than I remember them to be (I had the original X(?) and the housings are small.

The Bose I could certainly "forget about" but found myself accidently knocking them out a lot with a gym towel. Not an issue with the X3. Also, the Bose cable is rather grippy. Although the buds were incredibly comfortable, it always felt as if the cable battled my neck.

On a final note, Best Buy, as of today,  has the X3 for $99. I'm going to call them later and try to adjust the price I got them for.

Nov 20, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #13 of 70

If you are used to traditional IEMs, the X3 will seem comfortable. The fins are far better than I remember them to be (I had the original X(?) and the housings are small.

The Bose I could certainly "forget about" but found myself accidently knocking them out a lot with a gym towel. Not an issue with the X3. Also, the Bose cable is rather grippy. Although the buds were incredibly comfortable, it always felt as if the cable battled my neck.

On a final note, Best Buy, as of today,  has the X3 for $99. I'm going to call them later and try to adjust the price I got them for.

Thanks for the quick response.

Actually, the Best Buy deal is the trigger for my question here :)
Now I'm wondering whether to wait for a Black Friday deal on the Bose ones, with the risk of missing out on the X3 deal.

My concern is that the X3 will not fit my ear or become too irritating after wearing them for long periods - I've never tried earphones with the fins design before.

Nov 20, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #14 of 70
Thanks for the quick response.

Actually, the Best Buy deal is the trigger for my question here :)
Now I'm wondering whether to wait for a Black Friday deal on the Bose ones, with the risk of missing out on the X3 deal.

My concern is that the X3 will not fit my ear or become too irritating after wearing them for long periods - I've never tried earphones with the fins design before.

I've found the X3s extremely comfortable so far. Good fit, seal and able to forget about them like I was never 100% able to with the Bose due to the size of the earpieces. The 3 different sizes of fins help get the desired fit, or the buds can be worn without the fins if preferred.

Nov 20, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #15 of 70
I've found the X3s extremely comfortable so far. Good fit, seal and able to forget about them like I was never 100% able to with the Bose due to the size of the earpieces. The 3 different sizes of fins help get the desired fit, or the buds can be worn without the fins if preferred.

Excellent, I'm convinced.
Will go ahead and order them, hopefully updating soon with a good review.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back