Jay Z To Buy Tidal For $56M?
Feb 1, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #61 of 150
  What about that one ?

'fraid not 
frown.gif

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #62 of 150
Feb 1, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #65 of 150
1. How do you know they won't fix those things?
2. Assuming most people bidding $56 mil are going to be poo holes, why do you object to Jay-Z in particular?

Their customer service told me so via email when they went public that how it is is how it will be for the "foreseeable future" and fixes to any of that is "unplanned".

Jay-z is just a poo hole inside its own that wears itself as a crown. The king of poo holes so to speak.

Feb 1, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #66 of 150
Their customer service told me so via email when they went public that how it is is how it will be for the "foreseeable future" and fixes to any of that is "unplanned".

Jay-z is just a poo hole inside its own that wears itself as a crown. The king of poo holes so to speak.

Why is that? I assume this goes beyond not liking his music.

Feb 2, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #67 of 150
Why is that? I assume this goes beyond not liking his music.

Ahaha funnily enough I do like some of his music (before the whole I am god thing he does now and constantly) he is just not a good person in real life from what I have seen. Plenty of people use their position to do good for society, he does not. Same reason I don't like Marilyn Manson. Nothing to do with music, bad people don't deserve my money IMO.

Feb 2, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #68 of 150
Long term lurker first time poster.I just registered for the first time to chime in here.

Agree with what a lot of you are saying. Price I'd pay is about $10-$15.

I currently use Deezer which is almost identical to Tidal, but I believe it has more songs by a small margine. I'm on a 5$ trial and its great.the desktop version let's you pick a sound card. Hopefully Tidal and Deezer and all the other streaming services allow this in the future, on mobile as well.

Feb 2, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #69 of 150
Long term lurker first time poster.I just registered for the first time to chime in here.

Agree with what a lot of you are saying. Price I'd pay is about $10-$15.

I currently use Deezer which is almost identical to Tidal, but I believe it has more songs by a small margine. I'm on a 5$ trial and its great.the desktop version let's you pick a sound card. Hopefully Tidal and Deezer and all the other streaming services allow this in the future, on mobile as well.

Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet.

Tidal does this, as well (lets you pick an audio output from the desktop app). At least, it does on my Mac...

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:01 AM Post #70 of 150
Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet.

Tidal does this, as well (lets you pick an audio output from the desktop app). At least, it does on my Mac...

It also allows you to choose audio output device on the PC client. But... there is a bug that means non-"hifi" tracks will only play via the windows default sound device, no matter what you choose in the Tidal settings. I discussed this with Tidal support at the start and they appear to have no appetite to fix it. The workaround is to use the browser player instead, although personally I prefer to use a client app for things like this.

Feb 2, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #71 of 150
Well reading This I lost all my reasons to start using tidal. I am using the trail for a day and I do like it, however when it moves to America it will become yet another money grabbing firm who hardly listen to the individual. Especially since some rapper is buying it.
I kinda liked that the company was from Sweden, I hoped it would be a company which truly likes what it's doing and wants the best for the user. Then they really deserve to make alot of money. Take FiiO as example, it has become huge and still listens to all it's users and does exactly what the user wants.

Feb 2, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #72 of 150
  Well reading This I lost all my reasons to start using tidal. I am using the trail for a day and I do like it, however when it moves to America it will become yet another money grabbing firm who hardly listen to the individual. Especially since some rapper is buying it.
I kinda liked that the company was from Sweden, I hoped it would be a company which truly likes what it's doing and wants the best for the user. Then they really deserve to make alot of money. Take FiiO as example, it has become huge and still listens to all it's users and does exactly what the user wants.

FiiO eliminated optical inputs on their last portable.  Not what the user wants in many cases.

Feb 2, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #73 of 150
  I think it's important to consider that Jay-Z isn't making this call on his own - I'm sure he has a crew of financial advisors, who really understand all the financial and business aspects of this (which I don't), that point towards a purchase being a good investment. He's trying to make money after all. How could that be bad? A top-shelf performer buying a high quality music streaming service in a market congested with low to mid quality streaming options? I really can't see problems here. I've been using tiday for 6 weeks now and I'll concede that its not perfect, but its good, and as a person with little time (I'm a teacher, doc student, and I've got a 4 and 2 year old) I really appreciate curated playlists to find new content. I'm personally stoked about this. Its only good for us as users and for the industry as a whole. (Of course, I think tidal is $5 too expensive!!!!!)

I agree with the some of the above however just because it is a good investment and makes Jay-Z money doesn't mean it is good for the end user. There are many companies that make the pwners money at the expense of the end user. If I thought having Jay-z was going to bring a better service or lessen price for a subscriber I would be like Hell Yes but to me that is doubtful. Dre and Jimmy Iovine set the precedent and I see Jay-z following.

Feb 2, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #74 of 150
Feb 2, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #75 of 150
I still don't see a reason to object to Jay-Z being the money man.  I don't know his personal life, so if there's something there that disqualifies him, I wish someone would say it.  Other than that, rich people bid on or buy companies if the deal works out.  Regardless of personal quirks.  WHY do people oppose Jay-Z being a rich jerk buyer instead of a more anonymous rich jerk buyer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back