Jawbone II!
May 16, 2008 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

afphreak

100+ Head-Fier
I've been wanting a jawbone for a while now, and was about to pull the trigger on a first gen one the other evening, but then the 'II' was released today. Anyone pick one up yet?

i snagged the first one from my local AT&T store this morning, got their right as they received their first shipment of them.
biggrin.gif
i'm really enjoying it so far... i love the look, the black 'diamond plate' covering the device, the leather covered ear hoop, crystal clear sound when i have it positioned right, and everyone i've talked to through it today says i sound alot clearer than straight through my Blackjack...

my only complaint with it so far is the ear bud is huge, even with the small rubber cushion, it hurts my ears to leave it in longer than a few minutes. i don't have any experience with the first jawbone, so i was wondering if the ear tip is the same, so i could use Comply Whoomp! with it, or maybe other 3rd party mods for more comfort

also i overheard, to help clear out the Gen 1 Jawbone's, AT&T is selling them at $99 in store with rebate, not really that great of a deal really, as they can be found on Amazon for ~80, but at least you don't have to wait

May 16, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #2 of 22
I have JB-G1 and love it. I'm intrigued by the new design and, especially, the leather covered ear-loop. Lord help me, I may just pull the trigger.

The new earbuds are different from the original. They have decent pictures in their web site.

May 16, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #3 of 22
Oooo, looks interesting.

I love, love, LOVE my current Jawbone. It is the best BT headset I've used, with great quality and great performance in terms of range and battery life. If/when it dies, I will consider the Jawbone 2 as a replacement.

We'll see, though. I want to see some reviews first.

May 18, 2008 at 1:58 AM Post #7 of 22
i got my Comply Whoomp!'s today, and they fit with the medium ear tip great, i'll have to take some pics later and post them, but that solved my fit problems, even though it makes it stick out a lil...

Ingwe, hopefully they'll show up soon, i figured ATT would have them in all the stores on release day, since they got exclusivity with it for the moment...

theres also the silver and gold ones coming out soon, i'm really liking the gold one, i'll probably get it for my Mom for her Birthday
smily_headphones1.gif

May 18, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #8 of 22
I bought one today and am completely satisfied. Found it at the North-Point Mall AT&T kiosk. "We just got them this morning (two days after official release)," said the kiosker. (I guess I'm the kioskee?)

The new ear-loop/ear-piece design is clearly superior than the first generation. Easy to don; It stays put. It feels solid when worn--doesn't feel like its trying to pull-away.

The new ear-piece will not accidentally come off--unlike first generation (I've lost several).

One thing I really like is the new ability to turn-off the LED (when on stand-by). I hated that blinking.

The redial has moved from the talk button to the talk-assassin button (damn to hell the marketing scum who invented that name!).

Unfortunately the recharge adapter is incompatible with the first gen.

Now...what to do with my old one? Hmmm...

May 20, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #9 of 22
took some time from work to take some pics of my jawbone 2, first 2 are without the Comply Whoomps(i hate that name), and the last shows the fit with the whoomps on:

May 20, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by afphreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
took some time from work to take some pics of my jawbone 2, first 2 are without the Comply Whoomps(i hate that name), and the last shows the fit with the whoomps on:

I'm probably daft but I don't see how the whoomps affix to the jawbone.
confused.gif

May 20, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm probably daft but I don't see how the whoomps affix to the jawbone.
confused.gif

guess i could have explained myself a lil more, its just slipped over the medium size eartip... the whoomps are flexible rubber covers originally designed to slip over iBuds to turn them into quasi-IEMs, and with the medium ear tip on the jawbone, i noticed its about the same size as iBuds, so i took a cheap gamble and ordered a pair off eBay. they seem to hold fine with the medium tip, too loose for the small, i havent tried the large yet, but i'd imagine its a little too big to fit

May 20, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by afphreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
guess i could have explained myself a lil more, its just slipped over the medium size eartip... the whoomps are flexible rubber covers originally designed to slip over iBuds to turn them into quasi-IEMs, and with the medium ear tip on the jawbone, i noticed its about the same size as iBuds, so i took a cheap gamble and ordered a pair off eBay. they seem to hold fine with the medium tip, too loose for the small, i havent tried the large yet, but i'd imagine its a little too big to fit

Ah ha! And they stay put? Neat! I may try this.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #14 of 22
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a BT headset to replace my PITA Motorola H700 (what an awful headset). I am often on conference calls in the car, so sound quality and comfort are of of paramount importance. I don't care about looks. Is the JB2 worth the high price? I've also read decent things about the Plantronics 520.

Jun 3, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a BT headset to replace my PITA Motorola H700 (what an awful headset). I am often on conference calls in the car, so sound quality and comfort are of of paramount importance. I don't care about looks. Is the JB2 worth the high price? I've also read decent things about the Plantronics 520.

Yes! But, note I'm a JB2 fanboy.

BTW, I started using the large tip. And get this: I stopped using the over-the-ear thingy! It stays put really well--unless I shake my head. But it stays put during normal walking and activity. But, if I were riding a bike (not that I would use it then) or something similar (horseback riding? making love down by the fire?), I'd certainly use the over-the-ear-thingy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back