January 30th: Arizona Head-Fi Meet Q1 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 25, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #17 of 149
Any chance that Jeremy from Garage 1217 might be in attendance? I'm in the market for a new tube amp and I really liked cskippy's Ember. Maybe he'd be willing to loan out some demo gear if he can't make it. Does anybody know his Head-Fi tag and I'll message him?

I've been trying to contact him via his website, but have been having a problem doing so. I just finally got through so consider it done.

I'll post here when I hear back from him.

Dec 26, 2015 at 3:02 AM Post #19 of 149
  I might be selling my pretty good conditioned M-80s.

I meant to say that I would take it off of your hands for free. :D Unfortunately, I don't have the money to be purchasing anything right now, much less headphones.

Any chance that Jeremy from Garage 1217 might be in attendance? I'm in the market for a new tube amp and I really liked cskippy's Ember. Maybe he'd be willing to loan out some demo gear if he can't make it. Does anybody know his Head-Fi tag and I'll message him?

He is a member of the group I created.

Dec 28, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #21 of 149
Looking forward to hang out guys, will bring my HD650 for little auditions.  They are 1 month old and have aftermarket cable. I have experience with many summit headphones so looking to chat , hang out and contribute any way I can.

As far as gear will keep you guys posted.

Dec 28, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #22 of 149
I'm going to be bringing both of my setups:

Modi 2 Uber->Bottlehead Crack w/ Speedball->HD800

FiiO E10->K550 w/ Alpha Pads

I'll also have a few different tubes for the Crack to try a bit of rolling if you guys want.

Also might be able to borrow my old HD650s I sold to my neighbor for the day.

Looking forward to this! :)

@koalapear do you have a XLR- 4 pin balanced cable for your HD800's? I have a Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon that I would really like to audition the HD800 with?

Dec 31, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #26 of 149
EDIT UPDATE: Garage1217 will be providing one of their tube amplifiers, the Project Solstice. This amplifier will be raffled off at the meet! It is mounted in a special aluminum chassis, and is valued at an MSRP of $289.99. Raffle tickets will cost $15 per two tickets. Names are to be drawn at the end of the meet; if the winner is not present, they will be contacted via Head-Fi. All funds will go towards future meets!

I would like to once again apologize for the unrealistically long delay of this meet, and once again thank funch for assisting greatly in making this happen.

Okay! So as for the items I will bring:

-My "Coolpants" custom modded T50RP mk2, with funch cable and Alpha Pads, based on memory foam/rastapants/bmf. This version has fantastic bass response, unfortunately it is currently out of commision. So, hopefully they will be fixed properly before the meet.

-"Coolpants lite", custom modded T50RP mk3, with funch cable and 840 pads. Based on memory foam and BMF. This iteration is tuned to be much more neutral, with much improved imaging, and also being lighter/more visually attractive/more transportable. Oddly enough, they demand quite a bit more power to sound their best.

-Emotiva Mini X a-100 integrated amp, running into a Grommes HA-600 headphone adapter. Perfect for planars, very clean sound, with a black background. 

-(Possibly) Rotel RDV-995 DVD player for CDs, with Optimodi

Dec 31, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #28 of 149
I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make this meet! Yesssss

I'll bring:
PS Audio Sprout
Echobox Finder IEMs
Stock Sony SCPH-1001 PS1, Modded SCPH-1001 PS1
and misc. DIY NOS Western Electric wire P.C.s, interconnects & USBs
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread