January 30th: Arizona Head-Fi Meet Q1 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 31, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #31 of 149
EDIT UPDATE: Garage1217 will be providing one of their tube amplifiers, the Project Solstice. This amplifier will be raffled off at the meet! It is mounted in a special aluminum chassis, and is valued at an MSRP of $289.99. Raffle tickets will cost $15 per two tickets. Names are to be drawn at the end of the meet; if the winner is not present, they will be contacted via Head-Fi. All funds will go towards future meets!

Sweet!!! Thanks Garage1217 for the support!

Jan 1, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #34 of 149
  Anyone have some IEMs to bring?

i'll be bringing all IEM's in my sig + the trinity atlas and possibly the first harmonic IEB6.

Jan 1, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #35 of 149
I'll be there per usual. My LH Labs Vi DAC finally came yesterday (only took 2 years ) so I will be bringing that for anyone to try out. Not sure what else at the moment.

A note to everyone, I suggest you bring a USB drive with a few of your favorite tracks on it to the meet. Most people seem to have laptops as a source and opening a few tracks off a thumb drive would be an easy way to test new things with your own music (or skip the drive and use the meet as a way to discover new music!).

Happy New Year everyone.

Jan 1, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #36 of 149
It is our pleasure to donate the Solstice. Great to hang out with local enthusiasts! We will bring out all of our gear to live demo again and by all means, just ask and you can take any of our designs to your own setup(s) at the event and have a listen. We will also bring a myriad of headphones from my collection in which you are all welcome to have a listen to just like last time. Looking forward to the 30th!

Jan 1, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #37 of 149
  I'll be there per usual. My LH Labs Vi DAC finally came yesterday (only took 2 years ) so I will be bringing that for anyone to try out. Not sure what else at the moment.

A note to everyone, I suggest you bring a USB drive with a few of your favorite tracks on it to the meet. Most people seem to have laptops as a source and opening a few tracks off a thumb drive would be an easy way to test new things with your own music (or skip the drive and use the meet as a way to discover new music!).

Happy New Year everyone.

Maybe we have wi-fi in the room? Many people have at least pandora premium or tidal.  Thumb drive music a good idea also.

Has anyone reached out to any sponsors to see if any audio companies would also like to participate ? ( Mr Speakers for example is in San Diego just 5 hour away). Parasound is in San Francisco I'm sure there are more.

Jan 1, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #38 of 149

Maybe we have wi-fi in the room? Many people have at least pandora premium or tidal.  Thumb drive music a good idea also.

Has anyone reached out to any sponsors to see if any audio companies would also like to participate ? ( Mr Speakers for example is in San Diego just 5 hour away). Parasound is in San Francisco I'm sure there are more.

Can't recall if the library has Wi-Fi for certain, but I'm sure it does, considering how central it is. 

I have sent a message to MrSpeakers, regarding a conversation we had previously about coming to show the Ether. Of course, this meet was severely delayed... Just waiting for a response now. I've also sent a message to Justin of HeadAmp, as he sent a representative out last meet.

Jan 2, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #39 of 149
Judging by what people are saying they're bringing there is going to be some amazing stuff. Also, as always big props for Garage1217's generosity with providing such a great raffle prize and bring so much gear for everyone to audition. Getting super pumped!

Jan 2, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #40 of 149
I just worked things out with @funch to have my Fostex TH-X00 at the meet one way or another (currently trying to see if I can attend the meet by driving out from CO, though not sure yet if I'll be able to, so I'll be sending the headphones to him if I can't). Since my TH-X00 will be for sale by that point in time, if any Phoenix-area Head-Fiers think they might want to buy it after demoing it at the meet, just let me know via PM!
smile.gif

1/19 update: well I can't make the trip, so I'll be sending out my TH-X00!

Jan 6, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #43 of 149
Thank you Funch for all you've done!

I am bringing...

Eddie Current Balancing Act with Mullard ECC35 ADZAM driver and EML 300b (mesh) output toobs

PS Audio DLIII with Cullen IV mods

Sennheiser HD-800 (w/DIY Cardas balanced 'Fat-Pipe' cable and 4 pin balanced-to-1/4" adapter)

Denon D7000 (w/J$ V3 pads)

Audeze LCD-1

Jan 7, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #44 of 149
If anyone is interested, I can bring my listening chair to the meet. I mounted a couple of tactile transducers (bass shakers) to it to enhance the headphone listening experience. It's a work in progress so it's not much to look at, but it is a fun experience especially if you like to feel the music like I do. Just let me know if anyone wants to give it a try and I'll bring it with me.

Jan 7, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #45 of 149
If anyone is interested, I can bring my listening chair to the meet. I mounted a couple of tactile transducers (bass shakers) to it to enhance the headphone listening experience. It's a work in progress so it's not much to look at, but it is a fun experience especially if you like to feel the music like I do. Just let me know if anyone wants to give it a try and I'll bring it with me.

I would definitely be interested! It would be cool to try out a Sub Pac alternative!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back