January 30th: Arizona Head-Fi Meet Q1 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 23, 2015 at 6:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 149

Coolzo

500+ Head-Fier
Hey gang, we have a confirmed date and location.

Saturday, January 30 from 9 - 4 at the Burton Barr Central Library, 1221 N. Central Avenue, Phoenix.

It will be in meeting rooms A and B, which are located on the first floor and facing west. 
Not quite as easy access as Harmon, but the walls to the outside are glass, so the atmosphere
will be more cheery.

EDIT UPDATE: Garage1217 will be providing one of their tube amplifiers, the Project Solstice. This amplifier will be raffled off at the meet! It is mounted in a special aluminum chassis, and is valued at an MSRP of $289.99. Raffle tickets will cost $15 per two tickets. Names are to be drawn at the end of the meet; if the winner is not present, they will be contacted via Head-Fi. All funds will go towards future meets!

And there we have it! Post what gear your bringing, and any other thoughts or questions in this thread. Many thanks to @funch for finding and reserving the meeting space!

So far at this meet there will be:
-a raffle to win a Garage1217 Project Solstice tube amplifier. See the EDIT UPDATE above for details. 
 *Garage1217 will be bringing their entire line of amplifiers, as well as several headphones, to the meet for all to listen!

-there will NOT be complimentary food this time, unfortuantely. Instead there will be a lunch break, as the surrounding Downtown Phoenix area has many eateries, cafes, and such. Food will, as it turns out, be allowed inside the meeting rooms, or at least meeting room A (@funch, confirm?).

*an aside, sales or any other money transactions are NOT allowed inside the library. If you must buy something, take it to   another location, or make other arrangements.

Gear that will FOR SURE be present at this meet:
(in no particular order)

Cans:
Sennheiser HD800 (balanced and single ended available) 
Fostex TH-X00
PlasticPantz T50RP mk2 mod by funch
Coolpants v1/v2 T50RP mk2/mk3 mod by Coolzo
MrSpeakers Ether
Sennheiser HD558
V-Moda M80
AKG K550 w/ Alpha Pads
Hifiman HE-400i
AKG Q701
Sennheiser HD598SE
Sennheiser HD650
Modded Hifiman HE-6
Denon D7000 w/ J$ Pads
Audeze LCD-1
MrSpeakers Alhpa Dogs (balanced and single ended available)
Grado RS1i
AKG K712
Focal Spirit Pro
V-Moda M100 w/ XL pads
B&O H6
B&W P5 S2
Phiaton MS-500
Martin Logan Mikros 90
Beyerdynamic DT770 250ohm
Beyerdynamic DT-48SE 25ohm (2008)
Sennheiser HD598
Hifiman Edition X

SoundMagic HP150
AKG K7XX
Beyerdynamic T5p
Oppo PM-3
Audeze EL-8 open
Fostex TH600
Sennheiser Momentum rev1 over-ear

Amps:                                                                                   
The entire Garage1217 amp line
Eddie Current Balancing Act (x2)
Torpedo III w/ Cinemags
Emotiva mini x a-100 w/ Grommes HA-600
Bottlehead Crack w/ Speedball
JDS O2
Violectric V281
Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon
Sennheiser HDVD800
CypherLabs Picollo
Schiit Asgard 2

Dacs:
Schiit Yggdrasil w/ Uptone Audio Regen
Schiit Modi 2 Uber
Violectric V850
Schiit Grungnir Multibit w/ Schiit Wyrd
LH Labs Vi 
PS Audio DLIII w/ Cullen IV mods
PeachTree Audio DAC-iTx

DacAmps and DAPs:
FiiO E07K
FiiO E10

FiiO E18
FiiO X3ii
PS Audio Sprout
CEnterance HiFiM8 XL4 w/ IEM mod
LG V10 smartphone
Sony Xperia Z3 smartphone
Objective 2 dacamp

Objective 2 dacamp (massdrop)
Fostex HP-A4
Oppo HA-2

?IEMS (may or may not actually be available for listen due to hygienic issues):
Echobox Finder
Fidue A73
Fidue A83
Monoprice 9927
Monoprice 9396
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Google maps:
 https://www.google.com/maps/place/Burton+Barr+Central+Library/@33.4623148,-112.0723071,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x91c09c861ba4ed55

Stay tuned for further updates on the happenings of the meet! Post what gear you'll be bringing, if any!

Dec 23, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #2 of 149
Sweet! Subd.

Dec 23, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #3 of 149
I'll be bringing:

Eddie Current Balancing Act w/PX4 output tubes

Torpedo III amp w/Cinemags (you gotta' hear this amazing thing)

Schiit Yggdrasil DAC w/Uptone Audio Regen

HD800's w/DIY balanced cable and balanced-to-1/4" adapter

Plastic Pantz (DIY T50 RP's)

Fostex Massdrop TH-X00 (these belong to member Asr, and if he can't make the meet he has graciously volunteered to send them)

I'll also have my bag o' cables like last time in case anyone forgets theirs.

I'll also be bringing a couple of power extensions with a 4-outlet box on each. As usual with library rooms, outlets will be at a premium,
so if you have a power strip, bring it. Balderon and I will be using my regenerator, so we're covered.

Dec 24, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #7 of 149
Already was planning to roll around this library, some beautiful architecture there. I won't be bringing much, just my mid-Fi crap.
Senn HD558s
V-Moda M80s
FiiO E07K 

I'll have my lappytop and external drive in case you guys want to fileshare. I have a lot of electronic if anyone wants bassy stuff.

Dec 24, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #8 of 149
I'm going to be bringing both of my setups:

Modi 2 Uber->Bottlehead Crack w/ Speedball->HD800

FiiO E10->K550 w/ Alpha Pads

I'll also have a few different tubes for the Crack to try a bit of rolling if you guys want.

Also might be able to borrow my old HD650s I sold to my neighbor for the day.

Looking forward to this! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 25, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #9 of 149
I'm going to be bringing both of my setups:

Modi 2 Uber->Bottlehead Crack w/ Speedball->HD800

FiiO E10->K550 w/ Alpha Pads

I'll also have a few different tubes for the Crack to try a bit of rolling if you guys want.

Also might be able to borrow my old HD650s I sold to my neighbor for the day.

Looking forward to this! :)

I'd love to hear that HD650 with the Crack/Modi setup. I've been looking at that exact combo!

Dec 25, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #10 of 149
  Already was planning to roll around this library, some beautiful architecture there. I won't be bringing much, just my mid-Fi crap.
Senn HD558s
V-Moda M80s
FiiO E07K

I'll gladly take that 'mid-Fi crap' off of your hands if you don't want it. :wink: I've never had an external DAC or amp before, that'd be nice. And HD558s? Velour . . . enough said.

Dec 25, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #12 of 149
Darn I would love to be there but I'll be visiting my mother in Missouri that weekend. Let's do another one soon!

Dec 25, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #13 of 149
  I'll gladly take that 'mid-Fi crap' off of your hands if you don't want it. :wink: I've never had an external DAC or amp before, that'd be nice. And HD558s? Velour . . . enough said.

I might be selling my pretty good conditioned M-80s. Also got a pair of UNIB Powerbeats in the mail. I know we're all audiophiles, but maybe someone can be the guinea pig for the rest of us and tell us how they sound.  We'll see. Anyone else coming? 
Are we gonna have another raffle?

Dec 25, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #14 of 149
assuming things work out i'll be bringing everything portable in my sig + the triniity atlas IEM, power strip(s), some combination of laptop/netbook/tablet, flash drives and money to chip in for whatever the food/drink situation is.

Dec 25, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #15 of 149
Any chance that Jeremy from Garage 1217 might be in attendance? I'm in the market for a new tube amp and I really liked cskippy's Ember. Maybe he'd be willing to loan out some demo gear if he can't make it. Does anybody know his Head-Fi tag and I'll message him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back