Jan Meier (and Meier Audio), Thank You!
Sep 24, 2008 at 8:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 118
[size=medium]Jan Meier (and Meier Audio), Thank You![/size]

jan.jpg

Head-Fi.org has now been around for over seven years, and, by a longshot, there has not been a single bigger individual financial supporter of the site than Jan Meier and Meier Audio. In addition to being one of our two Founding Sponsors of the site, Jan Meier has, unsolicited, come to me with site-support fundraising ideas, his biggest one being 2006's Meier Audio HEADFIVE compact desktop headphone amp sales initiative, which raised $12,500.00 for the website when we needed it most.

In October 2007, Meier Audio announced his second Head-Fi.org support "sales action" (I'm not sure if "sales action" is a common European term, but Jan's use of it was the first I'd seen), with the Meier Audio HEADSIX portable headphone amp "sales action." And long before he'd sold all the HEADSIX amps--the sales of which are still going (click here)--he sent $9,000.00 to Head-Fi.org, playing something of an arbitrageur, timing the sending with a weak dollar (as opposed to his strong Euro), to maximize the dollar amount to send at that time. In November 2007 we suffered Head-Fi.org's worst outage (by far), which was very costly to recover from, so, again, Jan Meier's support could not have been more well-timed.

I know I've thanked Jan on the forums before, but I can not thank him enough. As the site has grown (we're currently visited by almost 400,000 visitors per month), it has come to depend financially mostly on the support of its collective and growing Sponsor and advertising base. But, from our earliest days, Jan Meier's support was there, and he seemed to innately know just when his support initiatives would be needed most. I honestly believe that Head-Fi.org might not have continued through all these years without Jan Meier's generosity--again, all of which he approached me with unsolicited.

In addition to all of this, Jan Meier has made several of his designs available in the public domain for non-commercial use by DIY'ers, which is another very important way in which he has helped to grow our headphone audio industry and enthusiast base over the years.

So, Jan Meier and Meier Audio, thank you for your support over the years. Again, we may not have been able to be here after all these years without you.

With tremendous gratitude,
Jude
Webmaster / Co-Administrator, Head-Fi.org

Sep 24, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #2 of 118
[size=xx-large]Good Stuff!!![/size]

Sep 24, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #6 of 118
smiley_bowdown.gif

Jan Meier, thanks a lot for being as supportive to the Head-Fi community during the years!
..and may you be with us for years to come, and get a lot of sales in return...

Sep 24, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #8 of 118
beerchug.gif

Thank you for your support of these forums, without which I wouldn't have had the first clue about what it really means to listen to music.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 24, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #10 of 118
Thank you Dr Meier for your support of our forum and the community!

Oh, and thanks for the Head-Five which I still enjoy daily
wink.gif

Sep 24, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #13 of 118
Thank you!!

Sep 24, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #15 of 118
Yay for the Dutch guy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back