Jaguar RTOS
Jul 15, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #31 of 32
Hello Nagual.  Yes, it's not uncommon for ethernet drivers to not be installed as stock, because there are so many.  I didn't do a wifi setup, because I don't use a wireless router in the Jaguar Listening Studio and didn't have one to use for the setup.  I've got so many new projects going on now that I'm not able to get back into development.  The only option is to wade into Linux on your own.  Press Ctrl + Alt + T to open a terminal window.  Look up your ethernet card online and they should have the driver file and Linux install instructions on the website or in the manual. 

For wireless the Network Manager tool should already be installed.  If you have a password on your network obviously that needs to be configured.  BTW, you can open the OS menu by hitting the Windows key or some similar key on other keyboards; you should see the network manager program with the others.  More info at the link below

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NetworkManager

Jul 15, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #32 of 32
  Hello Nagual.  Yes, it's not uncommon for ethernet drivers to not be installed as stock, because there are so many.  I didn't do a wifi setup, because I don't use a wireless router in the Jaguar Listening Studio and didn't have one to use for the setup.  I've got so many new projects going on now that I'm not able to get back into development.  The only option is to wade into Linux on your own.  Press Ctrl + Alt + T to open a terminal window.  Look up your ethernet card online and they should have the driver file and Linux install instructions on the website or in the manual. 

For wireless the Network Manager tool should already be installed.  If you have a password on your network obviously that needs to be configured.  BTW, you can open the OS menu by hitting the Windows key or some similar key on other keyboards; you should see the network manager program with the others.  More info at the link below

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NetworkManager

Thanks for your fast response ! 
I will follow your advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back