Jabra BT3030 or Clipper with two devices?
Mar 13, 2010 at 8:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ccfoodog

100+ Head-Fier
I know it isn't hi-fi, but I was wondering if anyone has the BT3030 or Clipper, and is using it with two devices.

When commuting, I hate having to choose between music (iPod Touch, 3rd gen) and phone.

The gotcha is the Touch only supports A2DP, AVRCP and PAN, where most "normal" headsets need HFP so they are useless when used with the Touch.

What I want it to do is pause or mute the player when you are on the phone, and revert back to playing once you are done.

The BT3030 claims to support both phone and music player concurrently, and let me use my own earbuds (big plus).

I know the music portion has been reported to work, and the features says it will support two devices, but I wonder *how well* it really works switching between.

Any thoughts? Experience?

Thanks,

-john

May 28, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #3 of 4

I picked up a Jabra Clipper, and it does work, but something about the setup is fairly non-reliable.  Audio dropouts, and sometimes, it shows I am connected but I hear no sound until I turn off Bluetooth on the Touch, and then re-connect.  At this point, I suspect the Bluetooth stack on the Touch since I haven't seem issues connecting to my Razor V3.

I've also heard suggestions that the Bluetooth radio on the Touch is very weak and prone to difficulties, but nothing that I'd mark down as definitive. 

I'm going to wait until the OS 4.0 update and see if it gets better since they are supposedly making a number of improvements to the Bluetooth stack.

-john

Jul 6, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #4 of 4

Definitely more reliable after the 4.0 update.  It is now usable, although it should be noted that the battery life is not sufficient to listen all day.  I've switched to only using it during commutes, which was the intent, anyway.

It could use a slight bit more volume, but is OK.

-john

Users who are viewing this thread

Back