Jaben Reply regarding the NEW 15.5mm driver Final Audio Earbuds
Dec 8, 2010 at 3:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

swbf2cheater

Headphoneus Supremus
I inquired about the lack of information on the new Final Audio Earbuds as seen here
http://jaben.net/forums/index.php?topic=17469.0

Edit: Confirmed Price $65US including shipping.  They are available from Musica Acoustics 

Type: Dynamic Type
Driver Monomer: 15.5 mmφ
Sensitivity: 108dB/mW
Resistance: 16Ω
Length of Soft Cord: 1.4m
Weight: 13g
Model: Fl-DC1550M1-BR(Brown)
FI-DC1550M1-BL(Blue)

to which I received this reply recently

Dear Sir,

Good day to you, my name is Robin. Thanks for your email!

Actually.. we are planning something for the Final Audio Earbuds...that's why they are not up on our online store yet =)

By the way... they sound good.... =) Check back soon for something special with the Earbuds =)

--
Regards,
Robin
The Jaben Team

IM SO EXCITEDDDDDDD

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:43 AM Post #6 of 22
Ok just to chime in: I dropped by Jaben today and tried it out--the 'buds retail there for S$80, but I dunno how much shipping amounts to (if at all). It comes in 2 colours: the blue pictured above, and champagne (akin to a matte, very light bronze).

Unlike most earbuds I've seen, the Final Audio Earbuds do not have a sponge covering around the earpiece--instead it is hard plastic in contact with the ear, and a 'nozzle' as shown in swbfcheater's diagram. There is a filter inside of the nozzle, so no worries on dust or dirt getting in to damage the drivers.

I don't know much about earbuds in general, but this pair sounded quite good to me. For reference, I'm using Sennheiser IE8, and the Final Audio seemed to project a clear, immersive sound--although the isolation was far from great, but again, I don't know if this is just the norm for any earbuds. As always, SQ varies based on taste and fit, so YMMV.

Pictured here is the champagne version. Pardon the picture quality.

Dec 10, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #10 of 22
quite interested for impressions on these. i almost exclusively use portable headphones, because 95~98% of the time that i would ever use headphones is in a portable setting. i long ago wrote off anything with a head band as not being portable enough. i have the g1a clip ons and they sound great but, idk maybe the housing got knocked loose on mine, but i hear a rattling noise when certain/low bass notes are played. plus iems and earbuds are just more portable. i have re0 and they suit my iem use just fine, since i really dont like using iems too much; too much isolation, too much insertion for my tastes. that leaves earbuds...i'm very pleased with the pk1 but always looking for something better. i might get the mx980 but i really cant justify dropping $180 on earbuds right now. i know its a pretty long shot but i'm holding my breath that these new buds deliver XP!

Dec 10, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #12 of 22
I'll be posting an initial impressions topic about them soon after I actually receive them, that is if nobody beats me to it ;D

I have really high hopes for them

Dec 13, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #13 of 22

Quote:
I'll be posting an initial impressions topic about them soon after I actually receive them, that is if nobody beats me to it ;D

I have really high hopes for them

And you won't be disappointed
wink.gif

I just got them from Musica Acoustics. I have some trouble with the Starsonic HDSS due to the larger size of the housing, so I was skeptical about the fit. But due to the design, these are very comfortable to wear. I never thought I'd say that about an earbud. In the very quick run through, these sound very good across the spectrum. I've not given enough time to form an opinion.

I am not sure how it compares to Yuins or the higher end Senns. So, I'll wait for your views
smile.gif

Dec 13, 2010 at 7:56 AM Post #15 of 22
The price is tempting. I'll probably pick one up next time I am in Singapore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back