Jaben Fear...
Jul 21, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #197 of 204
wow, its already been 14 pages! so have u been to jaben yet? wanted to say i can go with u, but im a guy lmao.
sort of agree with u a little about jaben, i went there and walked out, cus i was afraid of spending more!

Don't even know wad i was doing there when i already have a pair of MTPCs , which satisfy my needs already.. sux to be 17 with little money to spend! :frowning2:

P.S.: saw someone talking about selling his ESW9 , how much are u planning on getting rid of it for? really interested!

Jul 21, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #198 of 204

Quote:
^^ Is that an electrostat Yamaha?

Nope, dynamic Jecklin Float.

And psh, Coppers. You can do better.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 21, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #199 of 204
Yeah, how is Ed Wood anyway? Are the Jecklin Floats still making the rounds?

I don't think it's strange at all that the OP wants some better sound. She's a musician, so she loves music and wants to hear it in such a way that isn't headache-inducing. Not weird at all. I wish I could give recommendations but there's been such advancements in IEMs in the past few years and I haven't kept up with it. I only recently retired my 4 year old Sensaphonic customs. They haven't stopped fitting, but I just don't really use them much.

I picked up a pair of Jays a-jay 3's recently. Low-fi dynamic earbuds, and woah! You wouldn't have heard such great sound from something like that a few years ago.

Jul 21, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #200 of 204

Quote:
Yeah, how is Ed Wood anyway? Are the Jecklin Floats still making the rounds?

I wish I could give recommendations but there's been such advancements in IEMs in the past few years and I haven't kept up with it. I only recently retired my 4 year old Sensaphonic customs. They haven't stopped fitting, but I just don't really use them much.

I picked up a pair of Jays a-jay 3's recently. Low-fi dynamic earbuds, and woah! You wouldn't have heard such great sound from something like that a few years ago.

I haven't seen a post from him since early this month... In the Hifiman theads. And I wouldn't know. I live a couple thousand miles away, and there hasn't been a reference to them in a good while.

I know right?! Even in the past 2 years! When I found the site looking for IEMs under $100 in around October of 08, the only choices were basically Audio Technica CK7s, Mylarone X3is, Etymotic ER6is, Shure E2cs, Denon C700s, and Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3s! Now there are so many new choices it's mind boggling. And absolutely nobody would have expected Monster to make products that sounded good, but here I am with a pair of Monster Turbine Coppers in my ears right now.

Jul 21, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #202 of 204
Jul 22, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #203 of 204
I walked into the digital complex across the road from where Jaben is looking for spare cables and complys for my UEs. Some guys there told me about Jaben, but it took me a little to find them.

I am very glad I persisted. They had exactly what I wanted, and were very very friendly.

Further, they now have a store in Beijing. I live in China nowadays, and it can be hard to get stuff sent to me. So what I am going to do is use their store in Beijing to order some JH 16s in a month or so.

Just have to talk to the guys people in that store.

There was a young woman in Jaben when I was there, I didnt catch her name, but she really knew her stuff.

It was her that handed me the bacon salt when I left :)

I told them about Brilliant Pebbles, and their amazing effects on sound, and wondered if a jar of bacon salt on an interconnect might also improve sound quality. Then they could start selling the stuff for megadollars :)

One more vote for the customer service at Jaben :)

h

Jul 23, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #204 of 204
Went down to Jaben today. There was a female customer and female staff in there. They had a lucky draw for customers (apparently because it's Friday), but the girl got to draw twice because she was a girl :D I dunno how much more girl friendly Jaben can make themselves really
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back