J.River Media Center plays bit-perfect 24Bit/192Khz
Feb 23, 2010 at 9:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

DannyBuoy

100+ Head-Fier
I am a registered user of J.River and I received this email today after my sytem did an upgrade. Thought I would pass it on as I have been using Media Center for several months now after years of Media Monkey, FooBar, and Cowon/JetAudio.

** Special Upgrade Price ** -- Upgrade this weekend for just $19.98. **
Upgrade to MC14 - JRiverWiki
** New Purchase ** -- Save $5. It's $44.98 through Feb 28.

AUDIO
We've recently done a lot of work on high resolution lossless playback. MC can now play anything from HDtracks.com, and all of the HRx Reference Recordings files from referencerecordings.com

These files are 24 bit and have sample rates up to 192Khz. All music is lossless (AIFF, WAV, or FLAC) and DRM-free. Media Center can play these files in a bit-perfect way, and it can perform high quality down-sampling for lesser hardware when necessary.

The people at HDtracks were pleased to have our support and would, of course, like you to consider becoming their customer, so they've made a special offer for J. River users -- a FREE Hi Res 96/24 Download album with full PDF liner notes. Now you can hear the future of downloads up to 4608 Kbps. J. River Media Center can handle these with ease. Here's where to get the free download album: https://www.hdtracks.com/jriver/ HDtracks was started by the famed Chesky Records, well known as a source of impeccable recordings.

Rhino Entertainment also offers DRM-free FLAC downloads for purchase
now: Rhino | Digital

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #2 of 55
Feb 23, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #3 of 55
J. River is totally badass. I just spent more time today exploring it - it was incredible how easy and flexible the filepath to tagging feature is.

Feb 24, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #4 of 55
I might give this thing a spin soon for grins. For those of you that use this that came from Foobar, which is what I'm using with no complaints, what do you all like about this software better?

The Media Center looks like it has a ton of features past just music obviously which looks impressive. My question is basically confined to music applications. Jukebox is probably all I would use.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 24, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #5 of 55
Extensive library and playlist management was one of the draws for me. All your functionality and customizability (is that a word?) is already built in.

Feb 24, 2010 at 8:13 AM Post #8 of 55
With no effects or EQ applied:

Winamp ASIO = Foobar ASIO = J.River ASIO = iTunes bitperfectwutevs = WMP with ASIO via reclock.

If you have anything setup for 'bitperfect' sound playback, it'll sound the same as the next bitperfect playback.

Feb 24, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #9 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hybrys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you have anything setup for 'bitperfect' sound playback, it'll sound the same as the next bitperfect playback.

Until you want to play some tracks that need to be gapless for proper playback and you'll notice a big difference between the players that can and the players that can't.

Feb 24, 2010 at 9:00 AM Post #10 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armaegis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Extensive library and playlist management was one of the draws for me. All your functionality and customizability (is that a word?) is already built in.

And gapless playback.

And don't forget about the great library management all searchable and organizeable with database style queries.

Feb 24, 2010 at 9:08 AM Post #11 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by niCe99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so i assume J.River is better than Foobar in terms of Sound Quality?

also, anyone have a guide to setup J.River...for the best possible sound?

thanks

Just install it. Set the audio output mode to ASIO or WASAPI. Set the track change method to "gapless" if that's what you want (default setting I believe is cross-fade). The free version (J River Media Jukebox) only does ASIO for bitperfect playback. The pay version (J River Media Center) does both ASIO and WASAPI for bitperfect playback options.

Feb 24, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #12 of 55
IT doesn`t even come close to Foobar, why?
it tries to open everything videos, pictures, audio,
all in one piece of crap
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 24, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #13 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IT doesn`t even come close to Foobar, why?
it tries to open everything videos, pictures, audio,
all in one piece of crap
very_evil_smiley.gif

So you're judging a program based on its file associations? That doesn't have anything to do with the program itself. Heck, J.River gives you the option to select which filetypes during installation, and is one of your main choices to fiddle with when you go to the options menu.

Feb 24, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #14 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ham Sandwich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Until you want to play some tracks that need to be gapless for proper playback and you'll notice a big difference between the players that can and the players that can't.

My Winamp and Foobar both do gapless.

Feb 24, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #15 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armaegis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you're judging a program based on its file associations? That doesn't have anything to do with the program itself. Heck, J.River gives you the option to select which filetypes during installation, and is one of your main choices to fiddle with when you go to the options menu.

Yes, but you won`t check your eyes to a general physician, yo`d go to an oculist..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back