I've just won a pair of Sennheiser HD490's for £12.51
Jul 7, 2009 at 12:00 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thermonuclear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
px100s are way more sensitive danny, look into one of those battery powered cmoy portable amps if you want to use the 490`s with a portable mp3 player, used un-amped will drain your ipod battery like lifting a plug out of a sink. There is a caffeine tin cmoy portable that I think will suit you very nicely.
beerchug.gif

So your saying the px100s are better? Cos just listening through my ipod the 490s sounds alot more clearer.

And i never really wanted to do down the route of amps, is the one your talking about small/cheap/light cos thats the only way i think i'll get one

Jul 7, 2009 at 12:25 PM Post #17 of 23
Ok I think it is a problem now, I've tested it now with my new 7th gen ipod, and my PC and both of them on 100% and it just isnt loud enough, I do like my music loud.

Is the solution getting another pair of headphones? Or an amp(which i hadnt really planned on getting as I want portable to be as portable as possible, maybe think about getting on for my PC)

Jul 7, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #18 of 23
most portable amp = fiio e5 or e3. e5 is rechargable

and my hd485 wasnt broken
smily_headphones1.gif
thats just typical low end senn sound

Jul 7, 2009 at 2:09 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ourfpshero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and my hd485 wasnt broken
smily_headphones1.gif
thats just typical low end senn sound

................in YOUR opinion
beerchug.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So your saying the px100s are better?

nope

whats better is your choice to make. its just the px will give more output because they are a more sensitive design, i think they are 115db sensitivity for 32 ohm whereas the 490`s are sub 110db if memory serves me right.

i gave my fiio e5 away as i felt it just made things louder , but that may be just what you want and it is rechargeable via usb 2.0 , why not check one out, they are very cheap.

Jul 7, 2009 at 3:05 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thermonuclear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nope

whats better is your choice to make. its just the px will give more output because they are a more sensitive design, i think they are 115db sensitivity for 32 ohm whereas the 490`s are sub 110db if memory serves me right.

i gave my fiio e5 away as i felt it just made things louder , but that may be just what you want and it is rechargeable via usb 2.0 , why not check one out, they are very cheap.

This a good deal?
Fiio E3 Portable Headphone Amplifier mp3 ipod mp4 E5 on eBay (end time 23-Jul-09 18:11:21 BST)

EDIT: Scratch that i've just realised its a e3, just with e5 in the title :xf_mad:

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #22 of 23
...thats only 8 euro more than the HD-580 I bought here at the pawn shop and about the same as the AKG K280 Parabolic I bought at a pawn shop too!

Love the bargain shopping!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back