iTunes radio...meh? or not?
Feb 28, 2010 at 2:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

freakydrew

500+ Head-Fier
I have a modest library of around 3000 songs, and have recently bought a boatload of vinyl but sometimes if I am playing poker online or something like that I don't feel like going through and getting a playlist together or need to worry about what to do when the record ends....
I use iTunes for my iPhone and to catch up on missed tv shows and get the occasional song from.

I recently saw the Radio icon and decided to take a tour...I was pleasantly surprised. I wanted to test drive my new Ultrasone 580's with some classical music and found some 192 kbps stations which were ok. I love alternative and am currently listening to "Radiohab" also at 192. So far so good.

Is there a better place with decent sound to go to when one gets bored with their collection and wants something new? Anything sacreligous about liking iTunes radio (lol)?

thoughts??

Feb 28, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #2 of 8
I like to use last.fm and recently got a Squeezebox. The Squeezebox has loads of radio stations to choose from and last.fm recommends music based on your preferences.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 1, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #4 of 8
I haven't tried iTunes radio, but the new(ish) 'genius' playlists are actually pretty good for that sort of 'I want to listen to music a bit like this, but not bother preparing a playlist' kind of moment. The algorithms used to generate them are getting much better. The only downside is that it will only queue you up the more mainstream stuff, anything rare doesn't get much of a look in, because iTunes doesn't have enough data for it.

Mar 1, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #5 of 8
Amped FM is listed as 192mb but opens up at 320. Much better than most for sound.

Mar 1, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #7 of 8
i used to listen to it years back...some house & trance music.

then i discovered teh t0rrentz

Mar 1, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #8 of 8
I listen to Lie 365, Winamp Radio, Last.FM, Groove Shark, use YouTube, Zune player, whatever..., its fine for surfing and listening to music.
If i want to be serious, then i use the big rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back