iTunes 9 play FLAC PC
Jan 11, 2010 at 8:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

kunalraiker

Headphoneus Supremus
I'am have tried to find a plugin that would allow you to play FLAC in iTunes 9.0 or later on the PC.

Is someone aware of one, or instructions on how to play.

Jan 11, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #2 of 23
I remember I used to have a plugin for WMP10, not sure if I ever used it much, but I don't remember one for iTunes.
If you can't find anything, VLC is a very popular media player, it has support for FLAC, in case you don't find anything.

Jan 11, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #5 of 23
I think you are out of luck.
There are ways to do it on Mac OS X, using 3rd. party QuickTime Components, but afaik QuickTime do not support such components on MS Windows.

You can always transcode to Apple Lossless though.

Jan 11, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #6 of 23
SIGH...I thought someone had news!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 11, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #8 of 23
The Mozilla (Songbird iirc) has FLAC support and at least it can let you sync with iPods (also iirc). Don't know about your streaming device but you might want to check it out.

Jan 13, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrspoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you install Firefly server, it can stream FLAC to iTunes so it will play them.

Any details, links on the Firefly server.

Jan 14, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by sesshin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
use VLC or Play in conjunction with Airfoil to stream FLACs to the Airport.

otherwise convert those FLACs to a format iTunes can play

That looks nice, have you tried it.

This means I can stream my music from foobar2000 directly to Airport express but wait is this application also for PC.

There is a note about the free version introducing some noise after 10 mins is that true.

Jan 14, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #15 of 23
oh sorry, I linked the Mac version. here the PC version. and yes I do use it and it works great. every other option I've tried for playing FLAC on iTunes won't stream because it converts on the fly. Airfoil just streams the digital info. you can stream VLC, Quicktime, Firefox, whatever to the Airport. the demo does play noise but the regular version is $25. there are also torrents floating around if you are into that type of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back