iTunes 11 playing too quick...
Dec 29, 2012 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

navii

100+ Head-Fier
I notice my iTunes plays the music too quick. It is too quick by 5 seconds every minute. When I restart my MacBook Pro this fixes the problem for a while.

Anyone else experience these issues?

Dec 29, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #2 of 7
You have to restart the Mac for the issue to resolve. Interesting, indeed.

Have you made a note of whether it differs from sample rates or not?

Dec 29, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #3 of 7
Wow
Of all the iTunes issues I've encountered over the years, this one would drive me nuts 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 29, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
You have to restart the Mac for the issue to resolve. Interesting, indeed.

Have you made a note of whether it differs from sample rates or not?

As in 320, 192kbps? Yah, I even tried on podcasts. Next time it happens I might pop a CD in and see what happens.

Hmmm I wonder if its DAC related. I just got a new DAC (Fostex HPA8C). Ill try switching that off and on instead of the laptop next time.

Dec 29, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

As in 320, 192kbps? Yah, I even tried on podcasts. Next time it happens I might pop a CD in and see what happens.

Hmmm I wonder if its DAC related. I just got a new DAC (Fostex HPA8C). Ill try switching that off and on instead of the laptop next time.

No, you are thinking more along the lines of bitrate. Sample rate, like, 44.khz, etc.

Anyways, this is one the strangest problems I've come across, so I'm intrigued. 

Have you had the music play too quick and then just quit Itunes to have everything be fine. Or do you absolutely have to restart the Mac.

Maybe it's something glitchy with your MIDI settings.

Dec 29, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #6 of 7
I've been having a similar problem with it speeding up the audio. It raises the notes a a step or so, so it's really annoying. Also, when i first open itunes sometimes, it is in full screen mode, but the right side of itunes is sticking off of the screen, so I can't see it all. I usually have to restart Itunes to fix it, or just switch between full screen, half screen (whatever that is called) and minimized until it fixes itself.

Dec 30, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #7 of 7
I am using iTunes all the time, but never really pay attention to the timing. Now that I have read this thread, I might want to use a stopwatch when playing iTunes next! 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back