It's Official: NY Area Meet, November 12, 2011
Oct 3, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #31 of 179

Quote:
For all those needing a ride from Manhattan, I don't have a car but it is very easy to go via Grand Central Station and Metro North to White Plains.  Then a cheap brief cab ride to the hotel.  I did this last year and will do it again this year.

A car would definitely be a preferable solution. I'd be happy to chip in my share if someone rents a Zip-Car or something like that and I'm sure others would as well. It's not always easy to get all the gear you want to bring into a suitcase and lug it all over town.

I was hoping I'd get to hear your MAC vinyl rig through the 009s but I can't imagine how much of a pain that would be to fit in a suitcase. Hopefully someone with a car will volunteer.

Oct 4, 2011 at 6:24 AM Post #32 of 179
In (unless I have to work....).

Oct 4, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #33 of 179
I'm in. Work and Travel permitting. I'm not bringing anything because I have nothing to bring but if I can be of assistance please let me know.

Also if I'm going, I will be getting a zip-car from NYC (east village) and driving up. I will know a little closer to the date.

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #34 of 179

Quote:
For all those needing a ride from Manhattan, I don't have a car but it is very easy to go via Grand Central Station and Metro North to White Plains.  Then a cheap brief cab ride to the hotel.  I did this last year and will do it again this year.

Ye.But things may change when I wish to carry some gears and donations
confused_face.gif

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #35 of 179
Haven't been to a meet in a while and would like to check this one out. Will definitely bring something for the silent auction if I make it.

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #36 of 179

Quote:

The hotel also provides a free shuttle bus from the train station.  You may have to wait a few minutes for it to show up but you can't beat the price. 

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #37 of 179
Everything beyond the free shuttle bus is in the realm of rapidly diminishing returns.

Will anyone be bringing balanced HD650s?  I've been wanting to hear those cans balanced for the longest time.

Oct 4, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #39 of 179
Wow, the same day as Chicago meet.
I wish I could be in two different places at the same time but I am only human.
Have a great meet my best friends in NY.
Ray Samuels

You will be missed, my friend. Enjoy the Chicago meet.

Oct 5, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #40 of 179
I should be in providing the many things I currently have balanced don't change.

I will be bringing Muse NOS DAC, CTH, Modded Grados, Modded Fostex T50RPs, and anything else I can finish/aquire in the next month.

I can't wait for this, I had a great time at the NJ meet!

Oct 5, 2011 at 6:31 AM Post #41 of 179
I would like to go, but are newbies like me allowed to go? I have headphones that most people probably would have, but I would like to learn more and see what other people have to say about budding audiophiles and where to start.

Oct 5, 2011 at 7:24 AM Post #42 of 179
Oct 5, 2011 at 7:25 AM Post #43 of 179

Quote:
I would like to go, but are newbies like me allowed to go? 

Absolutely,  and highly recommended!

(although we take no responsibility for your wallet afterward 
wink.gif
)

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #44 of 179

Quote:
I would like to go, but are newbies like me allowed to go? I have headphones that most people probably would have, but I would like to learn more and see what other people have to say about budding audiophiles and where to start.

This will be my first meet as well and looking forward to it. Everyone is welcome :)

erikzen, does Fang from hifiman know about this meet?

Oct 5, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #45 of 179
I'd like to make it down there.  I have a Audio-GD NFB10SE on order so hopefully that arrives before the meet and I have a pair of modded Denon D2k's.  Looking forward to making it to my first meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back