It's October: New Shuffles Shipping Yet?
Oct 3, 2006 at 6:44 PM Post #16 of 166
I have nothing against the engraving, but i think its apples ingenious way of helping reduce the 2nd hand market. Obviously if you ever plan on selling it don't get it engraved, who wants an ipod that says "Happy 18th Birthday Teagan Presley, you'll always be our pumpkin"

Oct 3, 2006 at 8:46 PM Post #17 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnysize
"Happy 18th Birthday Teagan Presley, you'll always be our pumpkin"

I've been looking for that one!! Is it for sale?!!

Oct 8, 2006 at 6:35 PM Post #18 of 166
Amazon changed their release date from October 11 to October 31.

Oct 8, 2006 at 6:56 PM Post #19 of 166
The first place I would look is on the Apple website. Currently, Apple states that the shipping dates is a generic "October". When "October" changes to something more specific, they are shipping.
biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #21 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909
Best Buy is now taking shuffle orders on their website and it should ship on 11/02/06.

My Apple.com status still says estimated shipping by 11/07/06. Hope it's the 2nd!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 12, 2006 at 9:59 PM Post #23 of 166
Just a thought - When is the Zune coming out? Do you think they are holding back the Shuffle to dampen the Zune introduction. It would appear that they already introduced the lower priced 5.5 iPod and iTunes 7 to undercut the Zune.

Oct 26, 2006 at 4:38 AM Post #28 of 166
I don't even remember which card I used to pay for it, but Apple still says shipping by October 31st. I've been occupied over car shopping, so I'm not too crazy over anticipating the shuffle right now...though the car has an Aux port so my shuffle could become my source on the road
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 26, 2006 at 5:36 AM Post #29 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnysize
I have nothing against the engraving, but i think its apples ingenious way of helping reduce the 2nd hand market. Obviously if you ever plan on selling it don't get it engraved, who wants an ipod that says "Happy 18th Birthday Teagan Presley, you'll always be our pumpkin"

I respectfully disagree, I thing it is simply another marketing ploy to attract new and customers, it makes giving an ipod as a gift even more acceptable. because as they say "it's the thought that counts" , and an engraving proves that there is some effort put into the item.

Oct 26, 2006 at 5:37 AM Post #30 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by pds6
Just a thought - When is the Zune coming out? Do you think they are holding back the Shuffle to dampen the Zune introduction. It would appear that they already introduced the lower priced 5.5 iPod and iTunes 7 to undercut the Zune.

I don't think so, they're such different beasts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back