It's my turn.
Jun 29, 2001 at 7:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

raymondlin

Architect &Musical Fidelity X-Man v2
I know this set up isn't much compare to some people in here but it suits my need perfectly.

And sorry about the photo quality, I don't have a Digital camera so it's luck they turn out at all! If you can't see clearly, that's a old Sony video recorder on the top (not plug in) and a Whafedale DVD player undernearth that which is on top of the Marantz ST6000 tuner. On the Bottom is a Marantz CD6000KI sitting on half cut squash balls on the Marantz PM6010KI amp. On the side is the X-CANv2 and the X-PSU with the Sennheiser 580 on the top. Those are B&W DM602S2 speakers on Atacama Nexus stands.

View

View

View

Jun 29, 2001 at 7:45 PM Post #2 of 21
oooooohhhhhhh - very nice...... happy listening
smily_headphones1.gif

That's an Xcans paired with a Senn 600? kewl.....

Jun 29, 2001 at 7:50 PM Post #3 of 21
Is that strictly a two channel system, or do you have rears/sub to go with the 602s? I've heard really good things about them with a good sub for home theater.

Jun 29, 2001 at 7:55 PM Post #4 of 21
I would like a sub but can't afford one at the moment, not a good REL one. The bass is fine as it is, it's works great with both Movies and Music. The DVDs are not in the same room (as I have over 70) and stereo is pretty good, I get better impact and sound quailty at home then from my local cinema!

Jun 29, 2001 at 9:51 PM Post #6 of 21
That bottle is Isopropyl alcohol, I use it to clean the ends of interconnectors, speaker cables and headphone jacks. I do it every few months on the interconnectors to give it a bit of "life" and monthly with the headphone jack.

I actually perfer B&W's soundstage and impact more than my Sennheiser's, and they are better with movies than headphones. As I can just turn it up and make the whole room shake!!!
biggrin.gif

Jun 29, 2001 at 10:22 PM Post #8 of 21
wow, thats a great setup man. I've heard lots of good thing 'bout the B&W's. Kevlar cones right? kewl stuff.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 29, 2001 at 11:43 PM Post #10 of 21
Very nice setup, Raymond! Do you ever watch movies over your headphones? If so, how does that work out?

Thanks for the pics. They turned out really well for not being taken on a digital camera.

Oh, congratulations on your newly found fame - I just saw that you and David Cotton had letters published in this month's Hi-Fi Choice. You're a celebrity, brother!

Jun 30, 2001 at 12:10 AM Post #11 of 21
I have never use my headphones watching DVDs, I find the speakers give a better atmosphere of that closer to a cinema.

I actually took a few more close up ones but they are really blurred so I didn't post them up. I'll post them again when I get my hand on a Digital camera.

About the letter to the HiFi Choice Forum, I didn't actually write to the magazine. What I did was post a tread on their website forum and they picked up on it and published it. There's a few bit of information they missed out from that letter they printed, mainly about what the reply email from Marantz UK said. And that thread was months ago, and I think David Cotton's letter was also a thread as well.

Yeah, everyone should snap their rig and share!

Jun 30, 2001 at 6:57 AM Post #12 of 21
Thanks for sharing, nice stuff !

My friends always tease me about STRONG electro magnetic field with all the cables, ac adaptors, interconnects going everywhere in my place. I am glad to see I am not the only one !
cool.gif

You have cables ,interconnects going all over with BIGGER speakers and those wallwarts too !
biggrin.gif

Tides
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 30, 2001 at 8:53 AM Post #13 of 21
There is not much I can do able those cables, there are just too many. I have put bands on them to keep them parralle like the spare black one sitting in front of the amp but there are too many. The speaker cables are 3 metres either side so the left speaker have about 1.5 m excess.

I do plan on getting a Kimber power block to eliminlate some RFI frequency, but I have tried some cheaper make and they don't work at all so I am a bit sceptical about buying one.

The interconnectors are actually very tidy at the back, I'll take a photo one day and post it on here. The copper plating of the amp and CD player are actually very pretty.

Jun 30, 2001 at 9:59 AM Post #14 of 21
raymondlin~~

no no no ! I was not saying you are messy with the cables ! I think you took it the wrong way ! My cables are like that as well. ( (organized n tied together)

I just had a chuckle when I saw your pic, those 2 wallwarts spot is just like this corner of my living room
cool.gif

Dont take it the wrong way !
smily_headphones1.gif

Those speakers will be even awesme once you invest in that subwoofer.. must be great for War related films !

Tides

PS. I have my eye on your X-psu. Feel like selling it ?
smily_headphones1.gif
( no joke
wink.gif
)

Jun 30, 2001 at 3:36 PM Post #15 of 21
is it better to have amp on top of CDP or CDP on top of amp?? I always thought amp on top of CDP would be best, so that the CDP would have some extra mass on it to stabilize it and the amplifier would have more breathing room. but then again, what do i know.

ha ha, i use half cut squash balls too. i made my girlfriend who was taking squash at the time steal me some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back