It's my turn.
Jun 30, 2001 at 10:21 PM Post #16 of 21
Tides, those wallwart on the corner are only supplying the TV and the digital box and the awia (Silver) video. The HiFi's wall wart is on the the other side, you can't see it in the pictures. But you can still see the 4 way distribution block on the floor. Sorry, the X-PSU is brand new, only had it for 2 weeks and it took me ages to track one down so I won't be selling it.

The B&Ws are great already, Saving Private Ryan sounds so loud! you can hear every single gun shot, the opening and closing sequences are fab. The bass shakes the sofa already but I know a quailty sub will improve thing even further, but today I saw a Musical Fidelity X-A200R on sale for £450 new! Thats £250 cheaper than everywhere else so I might get that first instead of a sub. The Marantz is good but it's a little bright, and the Musical Fidelity is more neutral.

XXhalberstramXX, it's actually better to have the CD player at the bottom but I like the look this way round. I know about the weight but the weight would be on the corner anyway and if you put weight on top, you really should put it in the centre of the CD player because that's where the most vibrations are. Anyway, one thing about KI gear is that they have extra bracing. The whole machine is copper plated and loads of bracing everywhere. I 'll take a picture of the underside to show you what I mean. The Cd player itself is about 6Kg, very heavy and very well built.

Jul 1, 2001 at 4:22 PM Post #19 of 21
Love your rig. Ever think of getting cool little cable sorters/clips? Or maybe you do. How about a picture of the BACK of your rig? I know, pain in the butt to move the thing out but I do see casters.
tongue.gif

And lastly, what function do the fuzzy little stuffed animals on top of the television serve? Heheh.

Jul 1, 2001 at 5:51 PM Post #20 of 21
Neil - I actually have some sorter bands to tide the cable together, but haven't done a very good job of it. I was going to take a picture of the back but I didn't think anyone wanted to see that. It isn't that hard as the whole thing is on wheels! I can just swing it round as easy as opening a door.

The back actually is quite pretty (in a modern arts sort of way), loads of different colour interconectors from VDH The storm II to "The First" and QED Qunex 2, and a couple I made myself.

I didn't put the stuff animals there, my friend (girl) of mine did it ages ago, I don't notice them at all as I watch DVDs inthe dark.

Jul 1, 2001 at 7:35 PM Post #21 of 21
raymondlin,

I use these to keep a lot of my cables in check (I even have one attached to my Sennheiser HD-600 cable to wrap up the excess cord):

Velcro One-Wrap bands

I bought mine at a crafts store called Michaels (not sure if you have those by you, but Radio Shack also carries a very similar (if not identical) product.

They're very handy because they attach directly to the cable, and are easy to take on and off.

Those of you with Clou Cables, these are handy because you can coil your Clou Cable and then wrap it up with a One-Wrap. That's what I did before I sold my Clou.

-- Jude --

Users who are viewing this thread

Back