It's Done! Power Cord Shoot-Out-- 22 Power Cords Reviewed!
Feb 4, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #196 of 204
if you are into quail/jellyfish, cables to go(c2g) makes the same thing and it seems to be more readily available. just figured i'd mention since it's worth the 15 bucks.
turns out these are a slightly upgraded naim tibia cord made by wel-shin in Taiwan.

Feb 21, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #197 of 204
Question.. so these cables from C2G are supposed to be equivalent to the jellyfish (According to the post above me and what I've heard elsewhere) .. but if you compare:

http://www.cablestogo.com/product/48007

to

http://www.cablestogo.com/product/48008

They appear to be the exact same cables in everything except for coloration?  But such a big price difference?  I'm tempted to go for the one that looks just like the jellyfish did, just because of the looks.  But how likely is it that there is any physical difference?  And why are they priced so differently?  What would you do?

Jul 23, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #198 of 204
Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Thank you so much Mark your work is grandly appreciated. You should have a pay-pal donation button I bet we would all throw you 5 bucks. I'll just add a couple things I noticed myself that may be of value.    There seems to be someone cryo freezing a cord that looks like the iron lung jellyfish and selling it on ebay as sonikleer for a budget price.    Can anyone attest to the "flavor" cryo freezing adds or doesn't add??   I myself took the time to compare two power strips in my house, a monster power strip, and a Supra MD-06US from ebay. Wow what a difference! More difference than the budget cords I compared! Monster had better tight and loud highs, but the supra had soooo much more bass. It seemed like the monster ate all the bass. The supra was also more airy, perhaps slacked away a little of the highs but the high's sound was light and crystally. I ended up getting another supra and retiring my older monster. (I think it was the HT700)

Dec 27, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #199 of 204

I realize this is a really old thread, but for people who come across this post, let me know the next time you hear about someone who was cured of cancer by a placebo. It seems I'm always hearing about how the placebo effect can make your system sound better and how it is so powerful it can cure diseases. So if you know someone close to you who had cancer and was cured by this miraculous placebo, please spread the word to all the audiophiles so that they may saves thousands of dollars.

Feb 10, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #201 of 204
  Audiophiles are not interested in saving thousands of dollars. They are interested in spending thousands of dollars. That's what makes them audiophiles.

You are soo much right... They dont want to experiment they want ready made solutions........
beerchug.gif

Feb 11, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #202 of 204

You couldn't be more wrong in your thinking. I've been buying and listening to high end gear since I was eighteen years old. I'm fifty five now and I can tell you I've spent many, many hours with my colleagues listening to every homemade cable and piece of electronics that has crossed our paths. Some of the cables fashioned by said colleagues with recipes garnered from amateurs and online groups. Without fail, the professional gear and cables always sounded better. In fact much, much better. If we could we would love to save money buying cheaper cables and equipment but we've become accustomed to reference sound. You seem to have some sort of insecurity with people spending more money than you in a hobby they enjoy. I can tell you that people who enjoy skiing don't skimp on their equipment or fashion homemade skis to save a couple of dollars. The same can be said for most hobbies. The professionals are almost always going to do it better.

Feb 11, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #203 of 204

You couldn't be more wrong in your thinking. I've been buying and listening to high end gear since I was eighteen years old. I'm fifty five now and I can tell you I've spent many, many hours with my colleagues listening to every homemade cable and piece of electronics that has crossed our paths. Some of the cables fashioned by said colleagues with recipes garnered from amateurs and online groups. Without fail, the professional gear and cables always sounded better. In fact much, much better. If we could we would love to save money buying cheaper cables and equipment but we've become accustomed to reference sound. You seem to have some sort of insecurity with people spending more money than you in a hobby they enjoy. I can tell you that people who enjoy skiing don't skimp on their equipment or fashion homemade skis to save a couple of dollars. The same can be said for most hobbies. The professionals are almost always going to do it better.

If i had the same money  i would do perhaps  the same thing without too much searching for low cost solutions....I am perfectly ok with your remarks...But GENERALLY here people drived by insatisfaction invest money in more costly solutions....They exist some low cost solutions that help to transform some good system, independently of price, in a really better one....My point is research before investing money....
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back