It's been awhile, SoFla meet?
Aug 1, 2009 at 3:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Icehawk

500+ Head-Fier
Hello SoFla head-fiers! It looks like it may have been many months since you all last gathered...

I hosted a meet a couple of years ago downtown at my condo and thought it might be time to do so again. Hopefully Wmcmanus can be enticed to join with his stupendous collection along with several loclal members who have juicy equipment.

I've been away from here the last year or so enjoying the music and see that there are a lot of new cans & IEMs out there - HD800, the improved Grado series, etc. and would love to hear & share with other enthusiasts.

Any interest? The room I have to use will hold 20-30 people and has a concrete bar (great for putting amps or TTs on), pool table (ditto), seating, etc and can be reserved all day for a reasonable cost - I think it was $150 last time.

Here is the impression thread from the meet back in 2006:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f45/mi...8-06-a-162264/

Aug 1, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #3 of 33
Thanks, I had to hide or I'd have spent all my money
biggrin.gif
Just got some new IEMs today to use with my iPhone too...

Aug 2, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #4 of 33
Thanks for the offer. Holly and I would love to come, and I'd bring some vinyl gear, including an Esoteric Sound Surface Noise Reducer. Also, a bunch of 25 cent vinyl LPs that show how good 30-40 year old LPs can sound.

Aug 4, 2009 at 6:54 AM Post #5 of 33
If you guys held off the meet until september, I'll be all moved down there and would love to join! I have a WA6 (PDPS mod) amp, modded Lite-DAC, HD650's, and MS2's to bring along...

Aug 6, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #7 of 33
Anytime is good, I figure we'll need to let this thread float another week and then I'll start PMing previous attendants. This isn't the most frequented section of the forum...

Aug 6, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #9 of 33
Due to work schedule, I doubt I'll be able to make it, but I might be able to provide some gear, and if any late evening activities are scheduled, I'd be able to join for that part of the fun.

Aug 6, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #11 of 33
i am interested. i can bring gear that very few people have heard let alone know about...

naim headline2 amp
audio technica w10ltd woodies.

will there be a w5000 at the meet?

Aug 8, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #12 of 33
If a bigger place is needed we could rent the rec room in my building. It is like 30 by 85 and last I checked the rent is like $200. Parking is on the street or on a municipal garage 1.5 blocks away.

Aug 8, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #15 of 33
I will take pics, but from memory:

1. Counter about 6 foot long and 4 foot tall.
2. Pool table w/ a cover which I will have to check if we could put gear on top of it.
3. About three tables w/ 4 chairs each (about 3' by 3' tops).
4. Cocktail table about 2' by 5' by two couches.

I am leaving on an emergency trip (my dad is having surgery) and upon my return next weekend will take the pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back