It's been awhile, SoFla meet?
Aug 8, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #16 of 33
Another suggestion, there are a number of people that might want to come down for a meet but are up in the Tampa, Orlando and Jax'ville area. The extra 45 minutes to an hour to drive and stay in Miami for a meet might be enough to keep them away. It's not my call but just thought I would throw that out for you. If they were to come, I think we could be up to 15 to 20 which may require a hotel conference room.

Aug 8, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #17 of 33
Anything is possible, but I know that the rec room in my building is larger than the last hotel conference room rented in Tampa or in FLL. Of course it is further and would cost as much as a hotel conference room and parking is not as convenient. So using another venue is cool and would be less work for me!
wink.gif

Aug 9, 2009 at 1:20 PM Post #18 of 33
Nothing against people in Tampa but they do have their own meets in that area - there are enough Miami & FTL folk that I *think* it makes sense to have it down here again.

Miguel - hope everything is OK with your dad! Your space sounds good too.

Aug 9, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #19 of 33
If you had been around you would realize that we have been having meets alternating between coasts for about 4 years now.

Have a great meet.

Aug 13, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you had been around you would realize that we have been having meets alternating between coasts for about 4 years now.

Have a great meet.

Mike with all due respect no need for an "all or nothing" attitude. Icehawk (and to some extent I) was providing an option to Fort Lauderdale and IMO it was not meant to exclude or prefer one place over another. Yes meet locations have alternated but it should not be an issue to add a new location. If the logic you present is to be followed we would not have meets from West Palm to Miami because all the meets would be in the Fort Lauderdale area. Perhaps I am missing something so I could be corrected as needed.
confused_face(1).gif

Aug 13, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icehawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Miguel - hope everything is OK with your dad! Your space sounds good too.

Thanks, the surgery went well and now we await the biopsy results. I just got back and will post the pics in the next day or so. Cheers.

Aug 14, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #22 of 33
I checked with the management office and the cost is $200 for a 5 hour event (plus time to set up and clean) and an additional $200 refundable deposit following the inspection. While at the office I checked the room and took the pics below, there were some people using the room whom I do not know and they did not mind being in the pictures.
wink.gif

dscn0723.jpg

DSCN0724.jpg

DSCN0725.jpg

If my recollection is accurate we could set up to 15 rigs w/o having to use the pool table. Of course if an additional table is needed it could be brought in. I have seen items placed on the pool table at different parties so I will check on what can be placed on it, if allowed I could see another 5 rigs for a total of 20 rigs.

More to come! Of course if a different venue is desired I am cool with it.
wink.gif

Aug 16, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #25 of 33
hmmm.....west and east coast need to get together...

Aug 19, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #26 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmmm.....west and east coast need to get together...

I vote for a meet in Key West! Found a house that can be rented for dirt cheap with a bunch of rooms. Is this crazy enough to work?
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #29 of 33
i remember that meet, i want to go to a sofla meet but family stuff has been keeping me unable to do anything on the weekends...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back