Itchy Ear
Nov 25, 2009 at 7:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

redshifter

High Fidelity Gentility• redrum....I mean redshifter• Pee-pee. Hoo-hoo.• I ♥ Garfield
you ever get itchy ear when wearing iems? i dont mean the usual irritation but a burning itch right at the edge of your canal? that persists after you take the iens out? mm?

Nov 25, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #3 of 25
No. Go see a doctor.

Nov 25, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #5 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try an IEM comdum necks time...

Silicon tip... not foam.

Nov 25, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. Go see a doctor.

i did. he had no clue.

Nov 25, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #8 of 25
its probably a little contact dermatitis for when i glued my superfi5 back together after stepping on them (tough little iems)

Nov 26, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #9 of 25
I have felt this from time 2 time myself.....foamies or silicone doesn't matter but it seems to happen more with my E4C

Nov 26, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #12 of 25
tried that already. didnt help. also tried otto-ease (antibacterial iem lube) and nizerol.

its burning and itching right now :/l

Nov 26, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #13 of 25
Go see a doctor.

I bought a pair of Mingo's 3-4 months ago, and the fit was not good for me, so I tried various tips and in the process experienced the burning / itchy feeling. After a while it didn't get well I went to see my GP.

He said it was OTITIS EXTERNA, not serious in my case. He gave me some ear drops to disinfect the ear canal and some cream for the outer part of the ear (which was red and slightly swollen).

Nov 26, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #14 of 25
You're better off seeing a dermitologist.

In the meantime, change tips to a different substance as you may have a sensitivity to the particular material of the tip you are using.
You could also try modestly lubricating the tip before entry to reduce friction as the most common cause of ear irritation as you describe from IEMs is the constant rubbing of a tight-fitting tip against the canal.

Nov 26, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jubei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go see a doctor.

I bought a pair of Mingo's 3-4 months ago, and the fit was not good for me, so I tried various tips and in the process experienced the burning / itchy feeling. After a while it didn't get well I went to see my GP.

He said it was OTITIS EXTERNA, not serious in my case. He gave me some ear drops to disinfect the ear canal and some cream for the outer part of the ear (which was red and slightly swollen).

thanks for the tip
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back