It seem that a few members would like to compare the 325i to the new MS-2 fat boys
Mar 21, 2005 at 6:11 AM Post #91 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by devwild
Heck, they told you that you shouldn't bother "upgrading".

They are probably right there, take another step up in sound or something.
I spent the first 5 months of my headfi journey taking sidewards and backwards steps .... your lucky if you find the right sound doing that though.

Mar 30, 2005 at 5:45 PM Post #92 of 95
I traded someone my 325i for his MS2i and received the MS2i today. My first impressions are quite positive. They seem to lack the brightness and edginess that I didn't like about the 325i. They are more balanced -- have decent bass, though not as good as the RS-2.

Mar 30, 2005 at 6:42 PM Post #93 of 95
I received word from Doobooloo today that the 20 MS2i headphones from the groupbuy have been shipped out, so a lot of people should be able to comment on them very soon, if not at this moment
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2005 at 8:04 PM Post #94 of 95
Those were my thoughts exactly about the sr325i versus the ms2i. I took a listen to the sr325i's at a local shop before I bought the ms2i's. Not exactly scientific, but I felt that ms2i is the same, except less aggressive in the way of treble. It still has the same level of detail though. So that would put the ms2i as my preference.

Sadly though, I've had to sell them. I have nothing at all against the ms2i's - loads of detail and immense fun. It's just that I have Sensas already. I don't regret trying these bad boys out though. I think that whatever headphone I get next (probably some senn 650s just so I can have something with a soundstage), I think I'll leave myself an honary member of team ms2i. What a fun headphone.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 31, 2005 at 3:40 AM Post #95 of 95
I received my MS2i's today and was only able to listen for 2 hours, but I agree with plainsong and acs236's assessment. They are very detailed - seems the same as the 325i and has all the treble information. It's very extended in the highs, but it never feels bright and I've not heard any siblance yet. The 325i made me wince, but there were some things that they just did so beautifully. I have some Janos Starker - Bach solo cello that was just so moving on them. It's just a moving and detailed on the MS2i's.
biggrin.gif

Of course 2 hours is no time for proper burn and the bass was lacking right out of the box, but they started to warm after 20 minutes and the bass is starting to get a nice punch to it. I'm really liking what little I've heard so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back