Issues with return shipping?
Dec 29, 2009 at 9:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

daonesteven

Head-Fier
Anyone ever run into problems with returning a pair of headphones back to Head-Direct? This was actually the second time I've purchased from them and even though I was quite satisfied with my headphones on my first purchase, I realized I didn't need the second ones I bought so I returned it over 3 weeks ago, but they've been either unresponsive or giving me leading statements that eventually go nowhere. I know of Fang/Nankai's reputation on Head-Fi and they're undoubtedly famous among audiophiles here and I really didn't want to post something like this and seem like I'm complaining, but honestly, it looks like it's gonna take over a month for them to issue a refund.

I mean I know they seem like they're shorthanded and it's the holidays and all, but in 3 weeks they would have had it in their possession well beforehand and processing a return is probably a matter of mouse clicks, but I don't know what's up over there.

Dec 30, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #2 of 14
i'm kinda dealign with a similar issue right now. i sent in my re0 for replacement due to it being defective (this will be my 3rd re0 that has problem). right now i am getting no response from head-direct on whether they have received the re0. i have sent couple emails and given some time for fang/head-direct to respond, but it really seems like i am getting nothing. this is truly disappointing because i feel that head-direct has really started lowering their standards in customer service after their latest drop in the price of re0 to $79. it is as if head-direct knows that with the great bang-for the buck IEM re0 and their more well known reputation now on head-fi, losing a couple of customers is not too big of a deal.

i relaly hope that fang could step up and get the customer service of head-direct up to the standards it was before (and at least respond to his customers) because at this rate head-direct is not something i can recommend to my friends and family.

Dec 30, 2009 at 5:50 AM Post #3 of 14
Ehhhhh. Return issues are a BIG problem, IMO. I hope Fang can respond to this quickly and rectify the unsolved dilemmas.

Dec 30, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #4 of 14
been awaiting emails to be answered by their customer service dept. as well. hope i dont have to return my RE0's im waiting for.

Dec 30, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #5 of 14
One thing I found weird was Is I was authorized for a return/upgrade, asked a question about getting it a bit cheaper, and then denied. I voided the warranty when i opened the re2 right channel to solder it. That makes sense, but please tell me that before i bother to load my account with money, I don't have really, look for the box for hours, and buy shipping stuff just to send it. Please read entire emails in the future fang. I may buy again i don't know right now.

Dec 30, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #6 of 14
shinobi00, you might want to explain that more clearly. the english is very difficult to understand :p

Dec 31, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #7 of 14
Dear All,

We apologize that our customer service people can not write good English and communicate well to our customers. Hopefully we have solved this problem because we just hired another customer service guy from America this week. We will post customer service phone number next week.

About return issues: Please make sure to get a tracking number for your returned package. Without tracking number, the package is very easy to be lost. We will do refund after we received the returned item.

About shipping delay in holiday season: We have four or five international packages were delayed. We will try to contact our shipping carrier and get the package delivered asap. If customers can not receive their package in 4 weeks after payment, we will ship again.

Best,
Fang

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Dec 31, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear All,

We apologize that our customer service people can not write good English and communicate well to our customers. Hopefully we have solved this problem because we just hired another customer service guy from America this week. We will post customer service phone number next week.

About return issues: Please make sure to get a tracking number for your returned package. Without tracking number, the package is very easy to be lost. We will do refund after we received the returned item.

About shipping delay in holiday season: We have four or five international packages were delayed. We will try to contact our shipping carrier and get the package delivered asap. If customers can not receive their package in 4 weeks after payment, we will ship again.

Best,
Fang

I am in the 5th week since ordering the HE-5, and at this point would prefer a refund rather than waiting for the fulfillment process to start over. Perhaps will revisit the HE-5 in the future if/when procurement becomes more streamlined.

This message also sent to customer service, please advise as to procedure should these ever show up - i.e. refuse shipment, hold for pick-up, etc.

Dec 31, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #9 of 14
These "return" procedures were never delineated on your web-site or anywhere. In retrospect, yes I should have probably gotten delivery confirmation or tracking on the return package but I didn't. It's actually pretty rare that USPS would lose a shipment and I didn't want to pay too much to return headphones that I didn't want to keep so I just paid the minimum shipping to return it.

Had I known this policy I would have obviously gotten tracking without question but to be completely honest right now, I just think you guys might have misplaced it or not know that you actually received it. Sorry, I'm starting to spill some information that was part of our e-mail conversations but I just wanted to cover my bases here and eliminate any reason to believe that I'm trying to trick you guys or something.

Dec 31, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by northshore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am in the 5th week since ordering the HE-5, and at this point would prefer a refund rather than waiting for the fulfillment process to start over. Perhaps will revisit the HE-5 in the future if/when procurement becomes more streamlined.

This message also sent to customer service, please advise as to procedure should these ever show up - i.e. refuse shipment, hold for pick-up, etc.

Email replied. We have changed our shipping carrier a week ago. Should not have such shipping problem now.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dec 31, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would you please PM us your name and paypal account email?

I sent it at the same time of my last post (and just sent it again), it went to your customer service address of all previous correspondence. Please advise where I can send email to your personal attention.

Dec 31, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by northshore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sent it at the same time of my last post (and just sent it again), it went to your customer service address of all previous correspondence. Please advise where I can send email to your personal attention.

Email replied. We have changed our shipping carrier a week ago. Should not have such shipping problem now.

Jan 24, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by shotmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can Canadian buyers return their merchandise to the US address in NY instead of shipping it to China ? It would be 3 or 4 times cheaper for us this way.

I second this one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back