Issues with replacing pads on Samson SR-850
Jun 28, 2013 at 12:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

doveman

New Head-Fier
I just fitted the replacement leather earpads on my SR850, which was a bit of a struggle but I got there :wink:
However, the foam pad that lies over each transducer is now somewhat bulging up, rather than lying flat as it did before and I'm concerned this might be affecting the sound. It might seem unlikely but if the pad was previously lying flat as it was designed to and now is bulging outwards it means there's some empty space behind it where I imagine the sound could bounce around a bit.

I guess the new pads maybe have a bit more foam on the back or something, which is causing this. Has anyone else encountered this problem and worked out the best way to solve it?

Jun 28, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
I just fitted the replacement leather earpads on my SR850, which was a bit of a struggle but I got there :wink:
However, the foam pad that lies over each transducer is now somewhat bulging up, rather than lying flat as it did before and I'm concerned this might be affecting the sound. It might seem unlikely but if the pad was previously lying flat as it was designed to and now is bulging outwards it means there's some empty space behind it where I imagine the sound could bounce around a bit.

I guess the new pads maybe have a bit more foam on the back or something, which is causing this. Has anyone else encountered this problem and worked out the best way to solve it?

What make and model are these "replacement leather war pads"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back