Issue with Monster Inspirations
Jan 3, 2013 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

n4v1n

New Head-Fier
Hey all!
This maybe more for the people who own these but any insight would be appreciated.
I have a pair of the active noise cancelling monster inspirations. The Problem is that on the right ear I can hear something rattling when I shake the headphones. It can't be heard when loud music is played, but if I tilt my head I sometimes hear the rattling. It sounds like there is a tiny piece of loose plastic or something stuck between the speaker and the clear plastic diaphragm looking thing. I've already opened it up to see, but looks like the speaker is glued in very fragile so I dared not to try to get it open.

Any insights? Has anyone had any experience with monster and warranty support? Thanks!

Jan 3, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #2 of 3
No experience with the headphone, but it seems something is touching the diaphragm. Better get it repaired.

Jan 20, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #3 of 3
Just an update:

I contacted warranty replacement and they were very helpful and sent out a new pair after I sent in mine!! The whole process took about 3-4 weeks (the only bad part about the situation). Also, it seems they have sent me and "updated" version of the headphones that contain some slight improvements over the original. The plastic around the headphone port is now matte to stop from scratches if u miss the hole when inserting the jack, also there seems to be a more matte parts to protect from scratches in the prone areas! They also seem lighter, and oh yea, the rattling is no longer an issue! Kudos to Monster customer service!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back