ISRAEL - would like to get a meet together.
Jul 10, 2007 at 10:52 AM Post #16 of 39
well, I certainly see enough interest to get something together.. maybe we should start with details?.. I'm running out now.. but I was thinking, maybe some Thursday evening/Friday.. if no one objects, possibly sat. too (may be more suitable for more.. though I generally prefer to sleep in
smily_headphones1.gif
) I dont mind almost anytime from now till classes start again.. except for a week or 2 in august.. but hmm.. post your possibilities and we'll all see from there?

Jul 10, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #17 of 39
אפשר לרשום גם בעברית, אם כבר
icon10.gif

מכירים את זה שאתם מחפשים מידע על משהו ומגיעים לפורום של איזו ארץ סקנדינבית ומתבאסים שאתם לא מבינים? אז הנה נחזיר להם קצת
icon10.gif

בכל מקרה, גם לי אין כבר הרבה ציוד (מכרתי והשקעתי באודיו מקצועי), אבל אם מישהו ישלח אימייל לאטימוטיק אולי ישלחו קצוות בחינם, איזו חבילה של 20 זוגות, אני מוכן לתת לאחרים להקשיב.
יש לי גם שני זוגות של Sony V6 (אחרי שה7506 אבדו) - שניהם נשמעים קצת שונה ושיניתי אותן)

האמת שאני חושב שלאנשים יהיה עניין בממשק אודיו שלי (רשום בחתימה)

אה לחבר יש HD600 (היו פעם שלי) ואפשר להביא, למרות שבאמת צריך מגבר מפלצת בשבילם. מעניין לשמוע אותם מהFirepod, המגבר אוזניות שם מהיר, מלא ומדויק, השאלה אם הוא יסחוב את האוזניות השמנות האלה.

אני יכול גם להביא את הכבלים שלי (אני לא שומע הבדל), ואת הפורטה קורדה, מגבר נייד חביב

נ.ב
לא הכי נוח לקרוא פה עברית כי האנגלית מערבבת, אבל לפחות ניסיתי
biggrin.gif

Jul 10, 2007 at 6:56 PM Post #18 of 39
Adam, I am actually really keen on hearing different amps.. I think I'm more interested in them since I'm into the electronics behind them a bit too. I'd really like to hear your PPA and compare it to my recently built M^3. what are you using as a DC source? I built a STEPS but I used a transformer with slightly high output voltage, so I need to change that to lower the load on its regulator. It still works great, just.. well.. too hot (The steps). I need to figuring out how to get myself a new transformer for it soon
smily_headphones1.gif
from what I've read, jan meiers stuff sounds great.. would love to hear that too
smily_headphones1.gif
maybe beside my pimeta to see how my portable stands out. I've also built a little DAC, so hearing sources would be great
smily_headphones1.gif
anyone who'd like to hear my stuff is welcome, too.. and I'm sure some may find my ultrasones a rather pleasing can to have on their head.. I certainly do
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 10, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #19 of 39
Oh sorry I have to update the signature.
I sold my PPA because I don't have a use for it, I invest my money in professional studio equiptment these days and the Presonus does the work and even better then the PPA anyway.

Jul 13, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #20 of 39
I'm still keen.. no problem to host 5..8.. ppl at my place in ra'ananna almost anytime sides early august.. any preferences?

Jul 17, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #21 of 39
dunno know if you guys know this , but i have been to 4 meets in israel allready , from the hwzone forum .
anytime you decide to make a meet count me in
orphsmile.gif

i study and live in jerusalem btw

Jul 17, 2007 at 7:24 AM Post #22 of 39
where do you study/live there?
I just finished my second year physics at HUJI.. I've decided to carry on in elec. engineering though
smily_headphones1.gif
probably jerusalem college of engineering. (I'd have liked to stay at huji but they dont have elec. engineering hmpf. they're too theoretically driven.. and well, all uni's are too academically driven, I need tachles).
I'll be there this weekend.. in rehavia.
I sent you my number on hwzone.. call if you like.

Jul 17, 2007 at 9:09 AM Post #23 of 39
Jul 17, 2007 at 10:20 AM Post #24 of 39
I suggest you post a thread in the amp section of this forum there are people who really know their **i*
smily_headphones1.gif
specially the ones with the same amp.
yer right.. wasnt you.
check PM

Jul 17, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #25 of 39
Nice initiative Ruzz.
a meet sounds nice,but i dunno if i'll be able to make it.
what are the best headphones that are gonna be there?
and off topic question,from your exprience,ordering online from the US for example,headphones and amps,how much mehes and maam did you have to pay?is there any way to pay less?or not pay at all?
thanks.

Jul 18, 2007 at 7:49 AM Post #26 of 39
heyhey.. ranking is subjective to personel preference I guess.. I dunno, I got my cans, anatoli has his k1000's.. a few more good ones, I dunno.. cant really say untill we actually come up with a date+place and ppl confirm they could come and with what. I think around september/early october ?I'm kinda hoping for more gear.. sources/amps/cables to compare
smily_headphones1.gif

bout importing.. well, amp parts and stuff over 50$ is 18/19% (and the make you pay mehes for the shipping costs too!) but I've more often found myself ordering smaller packages to people I find coming to israel from the states.. someone bought my headphones for me, etc.

if its less than 50$ though you dont pay tax at all.. so, it may be cheaper than in the states! like stuff I ordered from tangentshop came to me in a small envelope.. 45$ worth, 5$ shipping. thats it
smily_headphones1.gif
unfortunately orders from digikey and mouser and the likes are usually bulkier and much more expensive.. so you need to do the maths and try split orders between people and packages to suit your needs.. or impatience :p naturally the more often you want it soon, the more you'd pay.

now, when a package is sent to yo its value is stated on the box.. when you go pick it up you have to take your receipt and stuff to show what you're getting and its value. they should match and its calculated from there.. they're unlikely to check it piece by piece.. or at all.. so.. I dunno

you could also ask someone there to recieve your package and split to sub 50$.. too much bother, too much time. not always possible.

I prefer finding people that are coming this way and send it to them the usual 3-5 day delivery.

hope to see you around sometime.

Jul 18, 2007 at 1:27 PM Post #28 of 39
equipment that guys i know have in israel
k1000
k701
hd650
hd600
hd570
hd595
hd555
dt880 2003\2005
dt 990 250/600
l3000
w11jpn
w5000
a900 x alot
grado 60/80/225
stax 3030
and more iem and cheaper can i cant recall at the moment
in other words you can audition everything here,fresh meat for the meets is a realy good idea
lambda.gif

Jul 19, 2007 at 8:44 PM Post #29 of 39
another ee student here...
i'm from the technion, going into my last semester.
my rig is pretty modest by your standards - edirol ua-1ex usb interface, mseed labs spirit amp, and alessandro ms-1s. also have cx300 and marshmallows for portable use. btw - i haven't paid taxes on any of them, and their were all imported.
don't know if i'll be able to get to a meet, depends on date and place (september/october is finals season in the technion, because of the strike), but keep me informed.

Jul 19, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #30 of 39
hey hey.
it would be nice, yeah. and as an ee stud. I think you really should try you maybe dont have time now but DIY is great you'll specially learn more too and its.. well..
750prolinebx3.png
750prolinebx3.png
750prolinebx3.png
750prolinebx3.png

when the time gets closer let us know we'll try include. you only living in haifa or around anywhere else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back